free website stats program New handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

New handlebars

dd1228

My stock bars on my 02 FLHTC are beginning to cause me a pain in the neck, really! Does anyone know of a chrome 1 inch dia bar that will have a 2 inch higher rise and a 2 inch greater pullback. I'd rather not deal with HD, as their pullback bars are not chrome but rather stainless like the stock bars; and they are very expensive ($150) I've been looking at Khrome Werks, and their prices seem about half of HD, but there are so many to choose from I'm kind of lost. Any help would be appreciated. And I would be doing the work myself.

Like the Dr. I haven't had any experience with the Khrome Werks +2 bars but have heard good thing about them.

I just put a pair of klock werks ergo back on my ultra for the same reason .
much more comfortable and all cables and wiring remain same (re route clutch
cable thru along side bars), also they are wider so that in a tight turn they do not dig into your body. having said all of that they do take a few days to get used to the feel and position.

Fish.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll let the forum know what I decided on and how they turned out. Ride Safe yall!!

I ended up buying the Harley bars part number 56176-8. I got a deal on them from a friend. They are perfect, bringing the handgrips closer for us short people. And I was able to use all the existing cables and wiring. I even put the wires inside the bars for a real clean look. I'm so happy and it only took me a couple of hours.

Back