New handlebars on the RG

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by amckay63, Jan 30, 2009.

1. amckay63

amckay63 Member

I just put some Khrome Werks +2 sweeper bars on my '08 RG. They bring my hands a little higher and farther back than the heritage style... and I didn't have to lengthen any wires other than the TBW, which I did with a Barnett 8" extension. It feels good.

BTW- I now have a set of Heritage style hb's (56902-08 with the TBW cutouts) for sale in the Sale threads.... Cheap!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. cvhmpls

cvhmpls Account Removed

Can you show us a pic close up to see what the bars look like? Thanks

3. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Sure thing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  4. MrJimB

MrJimB Member

I am a newbie to the forum but not new to riding. I just traded my heritage for a 09 Road Glide. I am right along with you guys when it comes to upgrades vs wallet. BUT IT IS FUN! I have done some on my new glide; bumped it to 103; added a CB;put lowering shocks on;added passenger and driver back rests.
    I am now trying to change my handle bars, krome werks sweepers +2. Where is the conector plug to add the wire extension {namz}? I was told to go through the head light area but how do you remove the head lights?
    If anybody can help, Please.

5. amckay63

amckay63 Member

The extension for the TBW is inside the fairing and attached to the inner fairing on the throttle side. I don't know about taking the lights out from the outside. I've read a couple of posts about it, but can't remember reading about somebody actually doing it. It sure would be a lot easier than taking the front fairing off.

6. MrJimB

MrJimB Member

Thanks, I do hope there is a way to get-r done without removing the fairing!!

WOW, I guess new tech goes with extra work! I always though new tech made things easier?!:eam

7. amckay63

amckay63 Member

Not really. It just makes new ways to be difficult.