free website stats program New handle bars on the Road Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New handle bars on the Road Glide

I have the Heritage style bars on my 08 RG since I got it new and they are very comfortable to me so you should really like them. The bars are easy to install you could have save the money and done the install yourself.

Looks real nice. So what you are saying is that the Heritage bars put you 2" up and 2" back towards you, no need for wire/cable extensions and don't cost an arm and a leg to purchase and install? I've been looking for this combo for a while but thought it was too much to ask for.

Looks real nice. So what you are saying is that the Heritage bars put you 2" up and 2" back towards you, no need for wire/cable extensions and don't cost an arm and a leg to purchase and install? I've been looking for this combo for a while but thought it was too much to ask for.

Here is what the HD site has on the height:

Heritage Style Handlebar - Polished

Designed to provide extra touring comfort for the Road King® or Road Glide® rider, this 1" diameter polished stainless steel bar has 3" more pullback compared to the stock Road King® handlebar

I thought I read somewhere else that the difference was around 2 inches compared to the stock Road Glide bars.

At any rate, I'm loving the new bars and the ride got a whole lot more comfortable!

Here is what the HD site has on the height:

Heritage Style Handlebar - Polished

Designed to provide extra touring comfort for the Road King® or Road Glide® rider, this 1" diameter polished stainless steel bar has 3" more pullback compared to the stock Road King® handlebar

I thought I read somewhere else that the difference was around 2 inches compared to the stock Road Glide bars.

At any rate, I'm loving the new bars and the ride got a whole lot more comfortable!

Quote..Mat.....Your bike looks great....The FORD PU looks in good shape also:)..Enjoy the new bars..

OK now I see. For RK or RG, not EG. The pull back bars for an EG is the one that must cost a bunch to purchase and install.

Added same bars to my Merlot RGU also. Find that with them I can easily and comfortably reach grips added Iso grips also, and actually enjoy backrest installed day of purchase. Before it was fingertips on grips to have back comfortable on backrest. Just an overall better fit for me.:bigsmiley23:

Part number is: 56902-08, $79.95. Dealer charged me 1.5 hours of labor ($105 total) to install. No cable or wire changes were needed.

I had the heritage bars put on my Road King yesterday and it took 1.5 hours, but I was charged 1 hour because when I called the day before I was told by the service Girl it was a hour labor, needless to say they wanted to charge me 1.5, but they didn't get it, I paid what I was quoted.

Back