free website stats program New handle bars on the Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

New handle bars on the Road Glide

DakotaRob

The quest to make the Road Glide a little more comfortable for me is moving forward. Decided to go with the Heritage Style bars from HD, after hearing from other Road Glide owners. They are just a couple inches taller and I could adjust them back for a comfortable reach.

Waiting to get in at the dealer was another story... had to wait about 2 weeks for a time slot, then a few days before, they called and bumped me back another 2 weeks because one of their techs had to move away. In the meantime, the great spring weather meant I racked up enough miles for a 10K service job too. I really need to get back to doing my own service, it always seems to be a wait for a service appointment around here.

Stopped by the shop today and sat on the bike today so they could adjust the bars for me. Won't pick it till Monday since the wife is out of town, and I'm wrangling the kids by myself this weekend... won't get any time to ride anyways. :(

Rob,

Those Heritage bars will be a big improvement for you. 10k miles already? Man you are packing on the miles, good for you :D How is your rear tire holding up? I am at just under 7K miles and mine it almost to the wear bars but that is with us riding 2 up most of the time..

Rob,

Those Heritage bars will be a big improvement for you. 10k miles already? Man you are packing on the miles, good for you :D How is your rear tire holding up? I am at just under 7K miles and mine it almost to the wear bars but that is with us riding 2 up most of the time..

The bike had 8500 on it when I got it in January so I can't take credit for all the miles. ;)

I've done mostly solo riding and it looks like the prior owner did too. Tire is holding up great. My buddy with an 09 road glide got 15k out of his tire with no problem. I'll have to keep a close eye on mine since the trip to Glacier Park is coming up in July. I may replace mine early before that trip.
WAP.gif

What is the part no. for the Heritage bars that you got? Are there any isssue with installation the you are aware of? Thanks, Bob

What is the part no. for the Heritage bars that you got? Are there any isssue with installation the you are aware of? Thanks, Bob

Part number is: 56902-08, $79.95. Dealer charged me 1.5 hours of labor ($105 total) to install. No cable or wire changes were needed.

Was able to find a buddy to help me get the bike home today! :D

Here are a few photos.

Attachments

• DSC02784 (1024x768).jpg
    DSC02784 (1024x768).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC02787 (1024x768).jpg
    DSC02787 (1024x768).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC02791 (1024x768).jpg
    DSC02791 (1024x768).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 91