free website stats program New Guy | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy

100613mat

Hi I'm Joe. I live in Killeen, TX and own a 2012 Seventy Two. I've done all the usual mods (coil/key relo., v&h short shots, burly drop, whatever...). I also have a tank from an iron. I use to live on Oahu and the 2.1 gal. tank was fine. But out here I needed a little more. I just ordered the RSD short stacks. I can't wait to put those on. And last but not least is my seat. I haven't found a sportster seat that I liked. They all look too fat. I like how the soft tail seats sit low and hug the frame. So I ripped mine apart and shaved and re-padded it. Now it fits me perfectly and I think it looks pretty cool. I've never done anything like that and I think it came out okay. Here's a few pics if my bike.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408997918.608956.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408997935.320219.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408997941.906213.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408997951.203544.jpg
One last thing. The chrome and white walls and the skinny tires and minimalist tins aside, I bought my bike so I could do what I want with it. So as much as I appreciate all of the purists out there. I really didn't buy it for the tank or the bars. From the second I saw it I knew I wanted to change a few things.
2012 XL1200V (Seventy Two)

V&H Short Shots

Outlaw High Flow 587 Air Cleaner

3.3 Gallon Tank from 2008 Iron

DK Customs Key/Coil/Speedo Relocation

Burly Drop Kit

Avon Grips

Flipped Mirrors

Self customized seat

:wce From the Rocky Mountains. Bike looks nice, don't matter what anyone thinks as long as your happy.

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back