new guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by kobidoo, Nov 13, 2011.

1. kobidoo

kobidoo New Member

Hey hey everyone....I'm another noob here just introducing myself. Just today I purchased a 2003 Anniversary Edition 883C. Unfortunately I could't ride it home today because it was pouring rain outside. Monday is the day! I read somewhere in here that if you lower the back end you will end up running into some other problems. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. My ultimate goal is to make this bike into a bobber. Looking forward to learning about another bike. Prior to this I was getting around town on a 1974 Honda ST 90 and that just gave me the itch to get something bigger so here I am.

2. 84FXRS

84FXRS Member

congrads on the step up to the Sportster. Ride it for a bit before you start changing it around. Learn what you need to know and do it right. To try to answer your question,
    if you make a change like that in the back, you also are changing the front geometry.
    Why not post in the Sportster Forum for discussion, as this is basically for intros.
    You will get more info on your question there. Good luck,

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to read through this and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

HD Talking Rules - Harley Davidson Community

Also, as previously mentioned, if you post your specific questions in the appropriate forum section, you'll get many helpful replies. This section is for saying hello and introducing yourself.

................................................................................................................

4. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Welcome aboard from Canada. :)

5. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome!

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum, You want to lower your bike Why?:wce:rider

7. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws