free website stats program New guy with question about Softail Hardbag Mounts | Harley Davidson Forums

New guy with question about Softail Hardbag Mounts

Haze

I'm new to this site. I've noticed that when I search for information on my Harley this site always comes up, and the members have really good info. So I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction.

I have a 2000 Fatboy and want install the FLH type hard bags. I've found several different companies that make the brackets (ie CycleVision, BaggerWerx, etc.) and the prices vary from $200-$400. I don't see much difference in the basic design so I was wondering if anyone here could recommend one over the others.

I'm new to this site. I've noticed that when I search for information on my Harley this site always comes up, and the members have really good info. So I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction.

More than likely because we have more info than most of the other sites, especially the small ones :D

Can't give you any recommendations on the hard bag installation but if you are handy with tools you could probably fab something that would work.

sounds like alot for somthing u wont hardly see. The bolts in your fender struts are just 3\8 16 common threads I believe and all you realy need is spacers and perhaps flat bar supports. common hardware store items. a 3\8 drill bit and right length bolts so they dont go threw into your tire. even use threaded rod. spacers will hide it.

Back