free website stats program New Guy with a question | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy with a question

100gold

My bike is an 03 FLHRSEI2. I put a mustang seat on it sometimes for traveling comfort. The seat has crushed some kind of mudule looking thing that sits right behind the battery and just to the starboard side of the battery clamp. It also chaffed one of the wires clear through that leads from this module.

I've looked through my parts manual and cannot find a pic or part number for whatver it is. Does anyone know?

I could easily order a new one and plug it in, just need to know what it is!

Thanks and this is a great forum!

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FNG with a question

My bike is an 03 FLHRSEI2. I put a mustang seat on it sometimes for traveling comfort. The seat has crushed some kind of mudule looking thing that sits right behind the battery and just to the starboard side of the battery clamp. It also chaffed one of the wires clear through that leads from this module.

I've looked through my parts manual and cannot find a pic or part number for whatver it is. Does anyone know?

I could easily order a new one and plug it in, just need to know what it is!

Thanks and this is a great forum!

Got any pictures? This could be a TFI controller? Does it have lights on it? Does every thing on your bike work, and where do the wires run to?

Re: FNG with a question

Not being in the Navy is the starboard side the right side? Could it be the TSS? Does it sit down in a pocket?

No lights on it. Just 8 wires coming in and 8 wires going out. It sits between the battery clamp and the security siren on the frame.

Sitting on the bike. Starboard to the right and port to the left. TSS?

Sorry. No photo bucket type account. I see this forum doe not allow anything but links to pics. I could e mail them to somebody with an account.

And yes Jack, everything works fine. I found it during the annual winter tear down and clean up. I have nooooo idea where the wires go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. No photo bucket type account. I see this forum doe not allow anything but links to pics. I could e mail them to somebody with an account.

Until we can get this figured out does every thing on the bike work? If so I would make permanent repair to the wires for starters JMO

Sorry Jack. No way to load a pic. I think that this is part of the wiring diagram in the parts manual. Again everything works fine, I caught it on the cleanup before it went bad.

I'm wondering if it"s the turn signal flasher? The part is marked " Omron" g5le-14 and something like contact---------12vdc-------10a250vac

Does that help anybody? I can put my own cams in but when it comes to electricity? Let's just say I know my limits!

Sorry Jack. No way to load a pic. I think that this is part of the wiring diagram in the parts manual. Again everything works fine, I caught it on the cleanup before it went bad.

I'm wondering if it"s the turn signal flasher? The part is marked " Omron" g5le-14 and something like contact---------12vdc-------10a250vac

Does that help anybody? I can put my own cams in but when it comes to electricity? Let's just say I know my limits!

I believe after one more post count you should be able to post a pic and you do not have to have a photobucket account to do so.

You can save the pic to your desk top and then attach it from there using the attachments button (it looks like a paper clip in the menu bar).

A pic will really help identify what you got.

Not sure on your model but that is where my TSS (turn signal modual and on some the turn signal and security modual sit). If you can repair the wires by soldering and heat shrink, and see if you can either get the part to sit lower or remove some of the seat pan to keep it from rubbing.

Ok. Thanks for the heads up on the pic posting! We'll see!

I'll fix the wiring like you say and put this part aside for an emergency sparE. I won't run this seat again. For a travel seat I plan on making a trip down to Norcal and having a Russell made for it this next summer.

Thanks for the help fellas!

I could easily order a new one and plug it in, just need to know what it is

Everyone else has you well on the way to figuring it out.

My question is - how are you going to order a new one if you don't know what it is?

Back