New guy from South Carolina

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by HEAT, Jun 29, 2010.

1. HEAT

HEAT New Member

Hi everyone i'm from Charleston,SC and i hope to make a lot of friends here.
    i have a S&S 107 motor and wanted to know if anyone had problem with running an open exhaust system on their bike ? i will run my bike when it gets to 3000 RPM it boggs down then go after that. S&S said it's because i'm running an open exhaust and i dont believe that. can anyone help please

2. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Welcome to the forum.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Open pipes can do a lot of strange things like reversion of the exhaust from the lack of backpressure. Post some more about the bike and maybe we can isolate the problem.

4. ultradoc

ultradoc Active Member

welcome to the show!

5. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

Howdy..Howdy';';';';'

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome t o The Forum, Yes S&S has done the R&D and I would call them on there tech line for advice :D

7. FishHunter

FishHunter Active Member

An open exhaust system, will cause a poor signal to the carb at lower rpms, and feel like a genuine The engine is telling the carb, the it needs fuel, and the carb is replying by not having a clue.
    A baffle, or some type of obstruction, to control the reversion, will dramatically aid in the power delivery, and for a fact, your fuel economy, and riding enjoyment will go up. :s
    Scott