free website stats program New Guy and first Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy and first Harley

Should their be a list of Cheers and Jeers identifing Hero and Zero HD Dealrs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwbell80911

12 years after being T-Boned by an unisured cager I finally paid off all med bills and built my credit up so I could afford a bike.

I live in Colorado Springs and saw the bike on-line from Greeley HD. a 1989 Ultra Classic with 28.6K It is cherry. by the time you add all the tax prep etc it came in at$8,100. Had to pay to have it delivered not riding for 12years and a robo knee brace (Thanks VA ) jumping on and navigating through Denver 140 miles home was not a viable option since it been 12 years.

Dealer said it checked out and ready to go - they lied. I worked a dealer and when I went over the bike, they left a cassette stuck in the tape deck and the passing lamps won't come on on low beam like the mannuel says but on high beam and then when they want to. There is a boat load more, I have tried e-mailing the business manager and phone calls no replies. I have contacted corporate.

All I want is to ride a bike that is safe and not burst into flames.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

David W. Bell

It seems that you may have a difficult time with dealing with this one. How in the world did the bike pass any type of safety or used vehicle check up. I would have to agree that the dealer is not being up and up and possible has tried to take advantage of you. If bike is already paid for you will need legal advice as to how you can return bike and get your money back.

Here are some threads to answer poll question:

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

GOOD Dealers And Experiences - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Welcome to The Forum
What does your paper work state
Is there any kind of warranty?

Welcome to the forum. :cheers

Sorry for all your troubles. Salesman are not always upfront or are relying on their techs to provide the info. Hope you can find some sort of satisfaction. I take it from your post you never checked out the bike before buying it. Never a good idea when buying used. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'm very skeptical of what the salesman tells me. Too many just don't know anything about what they sell.

Welcome!

I closed the poll since dbmg pointed out the two threads that cover this topic in post #3 above.

Back