New front tire question

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by craig Lee, May 10, 2009.

1. craig Lee

craig Lee Active Member

Hey guys,
    Just had my new 18" Renegade Aspen Elite front wheel and rotors put on. We'll add a picture shortly.

Question: I had the bike lifted to clean the wheels and tire. Noticed it spun with normal friction about 2/3 of the spin but tighter on the other 1/3. Is this normal with 5500 miles on the Lyndall brake pads. Just wondering if there is a break in period with the old pads and the new rotars, etc.

Thanks

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

If your not getting any pulse or vibration in the steering I wouldn't worry. If you hadn't spun the wheel you wouldn't know any different. What you don't know don't hurt you.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

If it's noticeably tighter in one area than the other, it could be a warp in the rotor or defective rotor assuming it was torqued correctly. If the warp is bad enough you will get a pulsing in the brakes when applied. Ideally it should be equal all the way around, some have a tad of a tight spot but the amount that you have will determine if it can be felt when braking or not. If in doubt use a dial indicator and measure the rotor run out to be sure.