free website stats program New front tire question | Harley Davidson Forums

New front tire question

craig Lee

Hey guys,
Just had my new 18" Renegade Aspen Elite front wheel and rotors put on. We'll add a picture shortly.

Question: I had the bike lifted to clean the wheels and tire. Noticed it spun with normal friction about 2/3 of the spin but tighter on the other 1/3. Is this normal with 5500 miles on the Lyndall brake pads. Just wondering if there is a break in period with the old pads and the new rotars, etc.

Thanks

If your not getting any pulse or vibration in the steering I wouldn't worry. If you hadn't spun the wheel you wouldn't know any different. What you don't know don't hurt you.

If it's noticeably tighter in one area than the other, it could be a warp in the rotor or defective rotor assuming it was torqued correctly. If the warp is bad enough you will get a pulsing in the brakes when applied. Ideally it should be equal all the way around, some have a tad of a tight spot but the amount that you have will determine if it can be felt when braking or not. If in doubt use a dial indicator and measure the rotor run out to be sure.

Back