free website stats program New from Upstate NY | Harley Davidson Forums

New from Upstate NY

paraord

Hey Guys,
New here from Rochester. I picked up a 1980 Superglide with a 93" stroker last year for 500 bucks. Believe it or not thats all the cash I had into the bike. Took me 3 years of trading stuff but I got one. Went from an 80 dollar .22 rifle, to a 450 dollar side by side muzzleloader to a boat motor and trailer to a 2004 Honda 400ex quad, then traded that quad, 2 shotguns, and 500 bucks for this scoot.
Not too bad if i say so my self. So at anyrate hello everyone! Heres a pic of it

first thing I did was ditch the hypercharger and actually let her breath with an S&S.

Looks like I cant post a pic of it yet I need 5 posts. :small3d023:

Welcome to The Forum, been a while since I built a Stroker, you got a sweet deal post some pics when u can :ws:rider

Thanks Jack! I will post pics as soon as I can. Its been a little neglected this winter, my Ironhead has been my project since november (got it as a box of parts, traded an 84 yamaha virago for it actually). I have to fiddle with a few things. Its been belching oil out the breather (pretty sure its just a bad check ball) and the kicker slips off now and then (think it just needs another washer shim) but we will see.

Welcome to the "BEST on the NET". Be sure to check out the Self Help Area for great tips and advice on maintaining your bike.. Enjoy your stay!!!

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to read through this and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

BTW - I grew up in the Rochester area and graduated from Gates-Chili in 1975. What part of the city are you in?

............................................................................................................

Back