free website stats program New FLHTK | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New FLHTK

Thank you for the welcome, much appreciated. As a new HD owner (and I've waited for this moment for many years) I want to do things right, but (EDIT) there is so much conflicting info out there it can make your head spin. Just like when I bought a 60" Plasma a few years ago, I started reading websites AFTER I watched numerous movies, football games, and God forbid a NON-HD channel....(EDIT) , I thought my new TV was ruined from the get go...lol. Still works and looks great by the way. Well like I said, got nearly 500 miles on her and I didn't do a 30-60-30...but will the next time she comes out of the garage. :) Oh yeah, no oil change either....but the HD service rep told me as I pulled out the door...SEE YOU IN 1000 MILES. Oh well...it's a HD and I'm sure she will hold up....Unless someone says screw that philosophy, then I'll panic and head straight to the dealer.

I hear you when it comes to doing your own work, but I do want things covered, so I will pay a few extra bucks to ensure that with this ride. The Honda VTX 1800 on the other side of the garage I can handle.

Right now my "TO BE" setup is....V&H MO's, V&H Power Duals, PC-V, and a SE Heavy Breather....part of me says go for it from the get go and get the cams etc., but that's still to be decided. Love the looks and I've heard the set-up already, it's perfect for my needs and won't blow the old lady's ears out on the back. Oh yeah, the last 100 miles was with her on the back....is that BAD? (EDIT) , didn't read about that either...lol

Thanks again...and I'll let you know how things turn out. Great site and look forward to many chats.

TK

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new bike, I also well be picking up my new 2010 Limited on Friday. I've gone with the White Pearl and Black Ice Pearl for my color. I'm going with the SE Ventilator Air Kit and SE 4" slip-ons. I'll have to wait for the rest of the upgrades later this summer.

Fred

I just purchased the V&H MO and PD from Dennis Kirk for my 2010 LTD. The dealer was giving me 15% off and DK still beat their prices by about $110 total for both pieces. I am going to tackel the install myself. After reading all of the good advice on this site, I feel confident doing it. I am also puting on a SE A/C and a TFI GEN 3. Wish me luck. Good luck with what you decide to do.

To: JDPEAGLE

I have ~3200 miles on mine and I went through my gas receipts. I have gotten as low as 32 MPG and a 42 MPG once (down hill freeway) but it averaged 39.2 MPG. My Road King has almost 10 k and I almost always get about 42 to 43 MPG. But, as all of you FLHTK guys have found out, this is one heck of a bike. More power than the 96 ci and even with stock pipes (RichardS - STOCK!!!!) it really has a nice rumble. I know this will sound crazy, but I'm going to try to keep the LTD completely stock (except for my little iPod)...Oh yeah, the adjustable rider's back rest does not count either...only because I took it off of the Road King!

If you can & want to do your own work save the receipts, saves money. Even the 1k 10k & oil changes etc; as an owner u have the rite..Magnoson- Moss act,,,. won't violate warranty.

Just ordered all the same parts, except the PC-V. Working on that one. How's the system working out now that you've had it for a couple of months? The pre set up in the PC-V working out good?

Just ordered all the same parts, except the PC-V. Working on that one. How's the system working out now that you've had it for a couple of months? The pre set up in the PC-V working out good?

I couldn't be happier. The bike runs very cool, and the power and sound are second-to-none (IMHO). If you are going to add the same components, make sure you use some kind of fuel tuner. I have a TFI on my Dyna and the PC-V on the Ultra. No complaints about either.

As of today's date, the FLHTK has 2,240 miles on her and getting around 37-38 MPG. Not too shabby for a 103. :D

Great! I think I will go with the pre tuned PC-V from Fuel Moto

------------------------------------------------

Ordered the same PCV today from Fuel Moto. Was looking at the ECU connection. Any tick to unpluging it? Looks like you have to flip that gray plastic bar up. How does it pull apart after that? Just don't want to brake anything. Also did the wires tuck in neatly infront of the battery like the online directions state?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back