free website stats program New Fat Bob Front End Clunk? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Fat Bob Front End Clunk?

I was postitive the clunk on my Fat Bob was coming from the front end. Tightened the tank bolts after reading this forum and the clunk dissapeared!!!

i had a new 2010 with the same thing. Mine continued to get worse. Riding in the needles out at Sturgis and it was very noticeable. Mine was finally vibrating so bad that the all of the handle bar stuff was coming loose. What a mess. They tightened the triple tree nut and it stopped. They were supposed to do that at the 1000 mile check up but must have missed it. Imagine that. Anyway, it was a great bike after that but I traded it on a new SG. Tell the dealer to tighten the nut and make sure they do it. The front forks and brakes are noisy on them to...... or so it appears. I sat and rode several and they were all like that. Nothing to be worried about with those items though. Good luck.

I don't hear a clunk, but when I brake and get to almost a stop position, seems there is clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk noise, it's a 2010 bob with a detachable windshield. no clunk that I am aware of when I hit a bump. only right about when it is almost stopped and applying brakes.

Back