free website stats program New Fat Bob Front End Clunk? | Harley Davidson Forums

New Fat Bob Front End Clunk?

I just got a 2011 Fat Bob and the front end has a clunk noise every time I hit even a very small bump in the road. It seems like it is getting worse as I ride more. I have about 150 miles on it now. I will be going back to the dealer asap but I wonder if they are going to tell me this is normal. I test rode 2 other Fat Bobs before I ordered this one in White Hot Denim. I did not hear the clunk in the other bikes.

Moved this post to its own thread since it was kind of off topic where it was.

To the OP:
Try snooping around for some obvious stuff first - don't assume the worst. Have you checked ALL fasteners for being torqued to specs? Seems like there was a thread about Dynas and loose fuel tank bolts. Anything loose in a fork bag? Same for any windshield pouch? Are you SURE it's in the front end? Sometimes loose exhaust clamps can cause pipes to bump and the sound can travel all over your bike.

Like was said,, front tank bolt. I would put money on it. Yes, it looks and feels tight. Tighten it more.

I just got a 2011 Fat Bob and the front end has a clunk noise every time I hit even a very small bump in the road. It seems like it is getting worse as I ride more. I have about 150 miles on it now. I will be going back to the dealer asap but I wonder if they are going to tell me this is normal. I test rode 2 other Fat Bobs before I ordered this one in White Hot Denim. I did not hear the clunk in the other bikes.

My 2009 Bob makes no noises what so ever. Get to the dealer.

If it is not the tank bolts it may need to have the fall away adjustment done. My 2010 fxdc had a nasty front end clunk at about 800 miles on it. Dealership said they would adjust the fallaway with the 1000 mile service and have not heard the clunk since.

Both the tank bolts and the fall-away are very good info items indeed. Somebody on here almost always has the right fix answer.

Both the tank bolts and the fall-away are very good info items indeed. Somebody on here almost always has the right fix answer.

A very good reason to be here, I am still learning:D

Back