New Exhaust Pipes

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by doctor727, Mar 18, 2013.

1. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

I recently picked up a used set of vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered on Ebay. Paid next to nothing for them. When they arrived, they were like new. One small mark, but not noticeable. Put them on last Saturday and WOW, do they look and sound GREAT. :yes :D

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:D Nice, sounds like you got a good deal:s

3. 90FXRS

90FXRS Junior Member Contributor

Not knowing what pipes you took off, rejetting(carb) or remapping(efi) may be needed. A drastic change may have adverse effects. But there again......maybe not.

4. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

Ran the same pipes on my Softail before going with the Big Radius 2-2 on it now..........actually liked the sound of the Short Shots better.:yes

5. heritagedave

heritagedave Member

I put the long shots on my softail and modified the baffles on them ..wow they sound great with no slack in performence..I had a 2 into 1 super trapp on there first and did not like it
    :ap

6. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

Been riding my Softail with the new exhaust for almost a week now. I love the sound and the performance. I had the Softail stock headers with V&H slip-ons. It has neen reprogramed and has the stage I kit installed. These pipes make a noticeable difference in kick.

7. 90FXRS

90FXRS Junior Member Contributor

Congrats. Always nice to get a deal on something you want and it works like you want. Notice any popping on decel?

8. lefat1

lefat1 Member

Getting short shots next week. Taking off and offering for sale SE II's including header pipes. I'm sure the remap that was done, will handle the new short shots and was told by several techs the same. Not really looking to put more $$ into a fuel processor. Thoughts?

9. MarkS

MarkS Member

I put the V & H short shots on my 2013 iron with the K&N high flow and Dobec TFI for around $700. I did the work myself and it sounds, looks and runs great.

10. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

No popping, but it does have a throaty rumble. :yes