free website stats program New Exhaust Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

New Exhaust Pipes

doctor727

I recently picked up a used set of vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered on Ebay. Paid next to nothing for them. When they arrived, they were like new. One small mark, but not noticeable. Put them on last Saturday and WOW, do they look and sound GREAT. :yes :D

Not knowing what pipes you took off, rejetting(carb) or remapping(efi) may be needed. A drastic change may have adverse effects. But there again......maybe not.

Ran the same pipes on my Softail before going with the Big Radius 2-2 on it now..........actually liked the sound of the Short Shots better.:yes

I put the long shots on my softail and modified the baffles on them ..wow they sound great with no slack in performence..I had a 2 into 1 super trapp on there first and did not like it
:ap

Been riding my Softail with the new exhaust for almost a week now. I love the sound and the performance. I had the Softail stock headers with V&H slip-ons. It has neen reprogramed and has the stage I kit installed. These pipes make a noticeable difference in kick.

Been riding my Softail with the new exhaust for almost a week now. I love the sound and the performance. I had the Softail stock headers with V&H slip-ons. It has neen reprogramed and has the stage I kit installed. These pipes make a noticeable difference in kick.

Congrats. Always nice to get a deal on something you want and it works like you want. Notice any popping on decel?

Getting short shots next week. Taking off and offering for sale SE II's including header pipes. I'm sure the remap that was done, will handle the new short shots and was told by several techs the same. Not really looking to put more $$ into a fuel processor. Thoughts?

Getting short shots next week. Taking off and offering for sale SE II's including header pipes. I'm sure the remap that was done, will handle the new short shots and was told by several techs the same. Not really looking to put more $$ into a fuel processor. Thoughts?

I put the V & H short shots on my 2013 iron with the K&N high flow and Dobec TFI for around $700. I did the work myself and it sounds, looks and runs great.

Back