free website stats program New Exhaust, Can't decide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Exhaust, Can't decide

Hey Robert,

I'm in the same boat as you trying to decide which pipes. I also like the V&H monster ovals, the way they look and sound. The only negative is I was at a dealer about a week ago and the hog chapter was meeting to do a ride to Busch stadium, I think it was bike day at the ball park or something like that. Anyway I had a chance to listen to some different pipes and saw the monster ovals and the guy showed me where the chrome was peeling. Now he said he called V&H and they are going to make it right, that is the only one I've seen like that. Good luck.

At the dealer , I replaced the stock pipes on 09 ultraclassic with Bassani #FLH-517 . I am one of the people that feels that noise has kept me alive more than once. Radio , well I switched to head sets.. I like the sound, finish has been good so far.
--chino

Last edited:
Thanks Trek, I'm really leaning towards the MO just shopping prices now. trying to justify the spending spree by selling some stuff first. pipes have sold, still have a power commander III and some stock seats, and kuryakyn ergo bars if anyones interested. but back to MO, i heard a similiar comment on the chrome but i will be doing all black. trying to clarify if the header pipes are all black or just the heat shields. does anyone know??
Thanks

I have a set of chrome V&H true duals I could trade for your 2 into 1 or sell outright.
If interested.
Email : Removed for security purposes. Use PM feature instead.

[notes]
For spam protection,do not post your email address,use our email system instead.
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running Samson TD in black on my RK and love them. They have a nice sound to them without being too loud and they really come alive if you lay into the throttle. I think they are a good balance.

Thanks Trek, I'm really leaning towards the MO just shopping prices now. trying to justify the spending spree by selling some stuff first. pipes have sold, still have a power commander III and some stock seats, and kuryakyn ergo bars if anyones interested. but back to MO, i heard a similiar comment on the chrome but i will be doing all black. trying to clarify if the header pipes are all black or just the heat shields. does anyone know??
Thanks

Not positive, but my Samson's and all others I have seen are black heat sheilds

Last edited by a moderator:
my thunder headers sold fast, sorry but tell me more about your VH headers. could i readily get black heat shields for them. also what were you running and why are you switching to 2into1

I have a set of Vance & Hines Ovals but I dont really care for the sound too much as they are a bit "tinny" at lower rpms.

They sound great at higher rpms though.

Put my stock mufflers back on for a big trip my wife and I did a few weeks back and really noticed a drop in power when getting on the throttle at higher speeds vs the Vance & Hines slip-ons.:small3d015:

Debating whether to put the Ovals back on or look at something different.

I've heard the Monster Ovals sound much deeper so that would probably be a good choice but of course, they're not cheap...

Back