free website stats program New England Rides | Harley Davidson Forums

New England Rides

Royshere

Coming your way the end of June. Two week trip from West PA to Maine. Have researched many roads and cant do everything but would like any ideas on cant miss roads. Thank you!

Coming up from PA. Well on the way up I would definately consider riding route 1-A from the Massachusetts border all the way up into Maine. 1-A pretty much hugs the coast although it can get tricky keeping track of the route going through Portsmouth, NH.

On the way back try to figure out how to get from Maine to Conway NH and take the Kangamangus Highway over to Lincoln (try to stop along the way at a couple of the scenic areas).

I am from NH and these are my favorites....

Are you coming to Laconia bike week or just to site see? Do you like biker bars, see the coast, the mountains or whatever? I live in Maine and can help if I know what you like. Some beautiful country up here in the summer/fall. I was thinking about going to York PA sometime. What's good to see around that area? Maine-e-axe.

Well, a must-ride road in NE would be the Kancamagus Highway in NH, Rte. 100 in VT up to Stowe. Both roads are 2 of my favorites. The "Kanc" is only 34 miles across but Rte 100 is much longer.

I have been known to stop by for some refreshments. Wont be up for bike week, will miss it by a couple weeks. We are planing to be in Maine for maybe 4 days. The plant in York is fun to check out and stop at Gettysburgh to see the battlefield. Also if you do come down swing over to Welsboro and the PA grand canyon north of York.

The Maine part of your ride, you want to see the coast, not much to see inland except MOOSE. Long beach in York rt 1a is nice if you like the beach and Cape Neddick light house is just a few miles north of there.(NICE light house) Kennebunkport is a nice old fishing village and EX pre$ident Bu$h man$ion at walker$ point is just a few miles up the coast. Time for a cold one?, Bentleys saloon rt 1 Arundel (not far) has a motel and campground. (bentleyssaloon.com check it out) L L Bean in freeport if you like hunting,fishing,camping,outdoor stuff. Owls head transportation museum in Rockland if you like OLD motorcycles,cars and plane's (steam powered motorcycle) it's cool. Acadia national park is nice. COME ON MAINERS GIVE ME SOME HELP HERE?????? Hope you have a GREAT trip:cheers

Here's a route if you want to see some of Maine's lakes, woods and farmland.
Inland lakes route You get off the Pike in So Portland and back on 95 in Waterville. you;ll get a good idea of why we love this state, it's not just the coast.

Or you could turn an afternoon ride into a daylong trip and add some real hills and woods to the ride. Day ride through Western Maine

Hope this gives you some ideas. If you do decide to go up the coast be advised that route 1 can turn into a giant parking lot on weekends when you approach any of the villages.

Funny things about "folks from away" they go to the country to "get away from it all" and end up bringing it along with them. :small3d023:

Back