free website stats program New Engine | Harley Davidson Forums

New Engine

revok1200

Have put about 1400miles on the new motor I had installed.

I have never had a new motor, so is it normal to be able to tell (feel) a slight difference as the motor begins to break in more and more.

Nothing really major, just a minor difference in response compared to the motor with only a few hundred miles on it.

Would you consider this normal?

Yeah she will loosen up as she wears in. have you done the 30-60-30 breakin run yet?

On a empty road in 3rd gear at 30mph accelerated quickly (not full throttle) to 55-60mph and then let off the throttle and let the motor slow the bike back down to 30mph. Do this about 9 or 10 times.

As an engine breaks in it will start after a while to feel more responsive

Brian

I noticed a difference of NOT being as Tight after 500 careful not to lug or over power the bike then it seemed each day after it would Feel Good and a little better then at 1500 miles another feel good area... AND another at 2500:D

Don't know why but it got better with AGE.. Wished I could do that:(

I must need a Good Tune-Up....:newsmile105:

enjoy that new ride.. Nice to have it new again...

signed....BUBBIE

yes, I have done the break-in procedure, almost immediatley after picking it up and then again just because a few days later.

The motor is still strong, maybe a better word I should have used was not as tight as one of you put it.

I have never had a motor with fewer than 3500 miles so I have nothing to judge this against.

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
Back