free website stats program New Dealership - Ride Now | Harley Davidson Forums

New Dealership - Ride Now

doc_63

We are looking forward to our closed dealership being re-opened by an out of the area dealer. Shumate HD closed last spring and "Ride Now" from Arizona is re-opening the dealership sometime in November.

Do any of you have any experience with this dealer? I'm just wondering what to expect from them. I am truly happy that in these economic times someone is able to come to our rescue and get this dealership up and running.

Any input guys?

Hey Doc I was just wondering where the Shumate dealer was located, I know of the Spokane, Tri-city and I think 1 in Wenatchie , I didn't know of a Shumate in Oregon. The Spokane Store was re-opend a few months ago under new owner and is called Thunder Wolf HD it sure is nice to have 1 close by again.

Hey Doc I was just wondering where the Shumate dealer was located, I know of the Spokane, Tri-city and I think 1 in Wenatchie , I didn't know of a Shumate in Oregon. The Spokane Store was re-opend a few months ago under new owner and is called Thunder Wolf HD it sure is nice to have 1 close by again.

I see the confusion. I am in Hermiston Oregon just 30 miles from Kennewick. Shumate Tri-Cities is the one re-opening. Glad to hear the Spokane store is up and running again. Shumate had Tri-Cities, Spokane and Lewiston ID. Wenatchee is a different dealer. Lewiston was a small hole in the wall and probably wont re-open ever.

All is not lost in todays economy apparently.

We had a Ride Now dealership in Port Richey, Florida they sold out to Sky Powersports of Hudson Florida. The people who had work done on their metric cruisers at that dealership (Ride Now) never went back. They took their bikes to independent shops for work. I hope that this new dealership at least hires 'Certified' HD Techs.

I see the confusion. I am in Hermiston Oregon just 30 miles from Kennewick. Shumate Tri-Cities is the one re-opening. Glad to hear the Spokane store is up and running again. Shumate had Tri-Cities, Spokane and Lewiston ID. Wenatchee is a different dealer. Lewiston was a small hole in the wall and probably wont re-open ever.

All is not lost in todays economy apparently.

Not that it matters all that much but the Earnst family that bought the Spokane dealership has also taken over the Lewiston fran. and plan to reopen in about a yr. ,they are looking into a larger building. Time will tell as it took them a while to reopen Spokane's dealership

Not that it matters all that much but the Earnst family that bought the Spokane dealership has also taken over the Lewiston fran. and plan to reopen in about a yr. ,they are looking into a larger building. Time will tell as it took them a while to reopen Spokane's dealership

I will stand corrected if it reopens. Theres nothing i would rather see than another successful HD dealer open up.

Where in WA are you?

I'm in Spokane, just about 3 miles from the dealer, we had been going over to Lonewolf in Coeur d'Alene [ 80 mile round trip ] where we bought our 09 RKC, the people are all very friendly at both locations, The name in Spokane is Timberwolf, they did bring back some of the staff, but after being closed for about 1 1/2 yrs. some moved on, the shop should still have the dyno, but I don't know about the techs in there as I have not gone in for any service here in Spokane. You ever come up here much? If so let me know, I could show you a couple of good rides to take in this area.

Last edited:
They own 2 dealerships in the DFW metroplex. I find that they are higher priced than the other dealerships in the area. They are also a high pressure dealer. I have several friends who belong to their HOG chapters but choose to by their bikes elsewhere.That should tell you something.
I have bought parts there because they were closer and didn't have time to go to the usual dealership and felt that I was overcharged. The last thing I bought there was a set of brake pads and the charged me $4 over H-D website list price.:(

While I'm glad to see a dealership re-open all I can say is BUYER BEWARE.

Randall

They own 2 dealerships in the DFW metroplex. I find that they are higher priced than the other dealerships in the area. They are also a high pressure dealer. I have several friends who belong to their HOG chapters but choose to by their bikes elsewhere.That should tell you something.
I have bought parts there because they were closer and didn't have time to go to the usual dealership and felt that I was overcharged. The last thing I bought there was a set of brake pads and the charged me $4 over H-D website list price.:(

While I'm glad to see a dealership re-open all I can say is BUYER BEWARE.

Randall

They will be my closest dealer at about 30 miles away. The next closest is 110 miles in Yakima, WA. Owens HD in Yakima is a good dealer and fortunately I work in that area often. I can easily keep doing business there if I need to. It would be nice to have a good one closer though. I'll be keeping an eye on them. They cant be any worse than the crook we had there before.

As far as the local HOG chapter goes; if the same people are running it as before (and I've been told they are) they can keep their insecure attitudes and I will ride with the friends I have. Sometimes I think what the metric guys say about Harley people really does exist...shame.

Maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...:(

Back