free website stats program new clearview shield | Harley Davidson Forums

new clearview shield

bstreet2

Just wanted to say I installed my new Clearview shield on the SG last weekend and have to say it is a nice improvement over that stock shorty. No more violent wind in the face and can keep the shades on now. I went with the 9.5 in / was afraid the 8 would be to close. I'm 6 ft even with stock seat.

Glad you're satisfied. I've had a couple Clearview shields and I love them as well. The stock windscreen ( I refuse to call it a shield ) is only good for in town sprints, not long distance cruising.

Why is the clearview shield better that a stock shield??

For my bike the Clearview was 1/2" wider (on each side). They are 3/16" thick, which is heavier than the stock shields. As far as I know all the sheilds Clearview makes for Harleys are recurved at the top. This throws the air steam 2-4 inches higher at speed. It is a nice feature and you can definitely tell it your first ride out of the barn after installing it. The taller the shield, the less air hits you in the face and chest area. Unless you are more into looking "way cool" you will want a taller shield. I had Clearview make mine 17 1/2" tall. Very nice. You can actually hear the stereo.

Not sure I have the clearviewbut it looks like it. It does have the recurve at the top and this really makes a difference that is good. Not sure how to tell what type shield is on my bike since I purchased the bike used and it was installed when I got it. I actually look over the windshield on my 09 ultra but the recurve throws the air about 2 inches above my head. If I stretch to sit up higher I can feel the wind. This works well when it is raining and I need to clean my glasses.

Not sure I have the clearviewbut it looks like it. It does have the recurve at the top and this really makes a difference that is good. Not sure how to tell what type shield is on my bike since I purchased the bike used and it was installed when I got it. I actually look over the windshield on my 09 ultra but the recurve throws the air about 2 inches above my head. If I stretch to sit up higher I can feel the wind. This works well when it is raining and I need to clean my glasses.

I thought I was the only nut doing this!

Just wanted to say I installed my new Clearview shield on the SG last weekend and have to say it is a nice improvement over that stock shorty. No more violent wind in the face and can keep the shades on now. I went with the 9.5 in / was afraid the 8 would be to close. I'm 6 ft even with stock seat.

Windscreen needs to be tall enough to provide protection, but still be able to look over in the event fog or mist makes it opaque in an instant... a couple inches either way will make a big difference.:small3d009:

tn698s3.jpg

I really liked my Clearview windshield and would still have it if a crow hadn't decided he wanted to get behind the fairing and listen to the stereo with me! Blood, feathers and Lexan all over! Had to do 200 miles without the shield - not fun.
It was great and I want to replace it. I think it was a 10.5". Anybody else out there who is 6'1" with a 34" inseam using a Clearview? Unfortunately an inch either way will not be ideal.

Back