New Classic

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by fiveoh455, Jun 30, 2009.

1. fiveoh455

fiveoh455 Active Member

I'm picking up my '09 Electra Glide Classic tonight. Traded in my '01 Road King Police. I'm gonna miss that bike, as it was my first Harley, and I have a certain connection due to it being one of our Department Police Bikes back in the day. However, I'm excited about my new bike (which by the way, is a gift of sorts from my wife for our 25th anniversary.)
    Anything inparticular I should look for, expect, anticipate, worry about etc? Everything I've read and been told about the Classic is positive, but I want to hear it from the people that KNOW, namely all you guys.
    Finally, if you're ever in Elkhart, Indiana look up Hoosier Harley Davidson. The people there did a great job in putting a deal together for me. Good people to work with, and I didn't feel like they just wanted my money.

2. joel

joel Junior Member

Well congrats on the new ride, your going to love it. The only thing to watch out for is the fuel gage. If your like us, the miles will add up fast and you'll be filling her up alot. Post a pic when you can.

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Congrats and i was there sat they were having quite a bash.. nice place

4. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

Just ride it, you'll love it. Stage 1 uprage is $$ well spent. My best upgrade was a Clearview recurve windshield. Congrats!

5. wildman9

wildman9 Active Member

Traded in my Fatboy for an 09 FLHTC, wow what a ride. Only thing to watch for are leaking rear shocks. Apparently they are on back order so it is probably more of an issue than they say.

6. LarsFromMars

LarsFromMars Account Removed

I'd like to ditto the comment about the Stage 1 A/C. You'll get a few mpg better also....Also recommend an oil cooler definitely as they run a little hot.
    Great bike, enjoy!

LJ

7. kruppt

kruppt Member

congrats

8. Doug_09ultra

Doug_09ultra Junior Member

My friend Bud White (moderator here)and I were at Hoosier HD this past weekend. We rode from the Detroit area as part of the Michigan Inaugural State Rally tour. Nice people there. By the way...don't sweat it, you're gonna love the EGC.