New Chrome Piece

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Mavagrand, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Didn't even know I needed this until I read about it on another forum. It is a redesigned hinge for the tour pack. didn't realize how ugly the OEM were until now. Anyway, went out and bought these new ones from the dealer, gonna be a big improvement over the stock ones. Wonder if it will make the bike go faster??

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I just got the same thing last week. It makes the hinges match the latches on the other side. Can't wait to put them on!

3. masterguns

masterguns Member

4. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Might not, but it will look good goin' slow!!

TQ

5. ktorian

ktorian Member

I put these on my bike and they look great plus they are much stronger than the original hinges and should hold up better.

6. walt5162

walt5162 Active Member

Wow is there anything they wont try and make money on! :newsmile093: You'd think for the money it would be a stock item..

Can't wait to get mine.... I likem, :newsmile100:

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Chromitus is more or less a contributing factor...MOCO justs likes to keep things stirred up and make a little money on the side...nothing wrong with that! Helps prevent our billfolds from getting stuck together thru non-use pressed between us and our saddles! :D Same reason why they keep the fuel tanks small...

8. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Thanks for the post Mavagrand,back to the dealer I go!:(

9. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Your welcome, Steve. I just picked them up. They are good quality, nice and heavy. Haven't installed them yet, but seems to be pretty simple. hey, don't be twistin' that wick too much, this mod is bound to make the bike go faster. LOL.

10. barttoday

barttoday Active Member

Doesnt it say in the packaging for those hinges that they add like +3 HP???? I know I read it somewhere.....