free website stats program New Chrome Piece | Harley Davidson Forums

New Chrome Piece

I just got the same thing last week. It makes the hinges match the latches on the other side. Can't wait to put them on!

Didn't even know I needed this until I read about it on another forum. It is a redesigned hinge for the tour pack. didn't realize how ugly the OEM were until now. Anyway, went out and bought these new ones from the dealer, gonna be a big improvement over the stock ones. Wonder if it will make the bike go faster??

Absolutely. Once I get these new hinges mounted, my sled might hit 90.

I put these on my bike and they look great plus they are much stronger than the original hinges and should hold up better.

Wow is there anything they wont try and make money on! :newsmile093: You'd think for the money it would be a stock item..

Can't wait to get mine.... I likem, :newsmile100:

Chromitus is more or less a contributing factor...MOCO justs likes to keep things stirred up and make a little money on the side...nothing wrong with that! Helps prevent our billfolds from getting stuck together thru non-use pressed between us and our saddles! :D Same reason why they keep the fuel tanks small...

Thanks for the post Mavagrand,back to the dealer I go!:(

Your welcome, Steve. I just picked them up. They are good quality, nice and heavy. Haven't installed them yet, but seems to be pretty simple. hey, don't be twistin' that wick too much, this mod is bound to make the bike go faster. LOL.

Doesnt it say in the packaging for those hinges that they add like +3 HP???? I know I read it somewhere.....

Back