free website stats program New cam chain tensioners | Harley Davidson Forums

New cam chain tensioners

martillo

I have a 04 Road King Custom 25000 miles always been using mobile 1 20 -50 in the crankcase, did the screaming eagle up grade on the cam chain tensioners. 2 surprises 1st cost came back from dealer cheaper than original quote sweet, 2nd original "tensioners shoes" had less than 1 tenth of an inch wear on them inner shoe just a hair more than the outer shoe,could have gone another 25000 miles. But now I have peace of mind knowing that I should not have any trouble with the tensioners for a long time.

I have a 04 Road King Custom 25000 miles always been using mobile 1 20 -50 in the crankcase, did the screaming eagle up grade on the cam chain tensioners. 2 surprises 1st cost came back from dealer cheaper than original quote sweet, 2nd original "tensioners shoes" had less than 1 tenth of an inch wear on them inner shoe just a hair more than the outer shoe,could have gone another 25000 miles. But now I have peace of mind knowing that I should not have any trouble with the tensioners for a long time.

Not only do you have NOT to worry about the "Shoe" issue but you have the newer Larger oil pump so that is a big bonus.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Back