free website stats program New brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

New brake pads

Mavagrand

Just changed the brake pads on my 08 EGC. Went with stock HD pads on the rear and put EBC pads on the front. Never used EBC pads before, went with the sintered pads. Anyone have experience with these pads? Give me your opinion.

Just changed the brake pads on my 08 EGC. Went with stock HD pads on the rear and put EBC pads on the front. Never used EBC pads before, went with the sintered pads. Anyone have experience with these pads? Give me your opinion.

Used EBC pads once on my Katana, performance was on par with the stockers, wear about the same, but seemed to be slightly harder compound for less fade, so they slightly grooved my rotors.

On the Harley, the Sporty's HD pads wear just fine, no grooving; while at the dealer, opened the new box, pads looked really high quality, with stainless steel spring and piston shims, so I stuck with them. :s

The big diff I noticed was less brake dust but wore faster. The extra price compared with oem was not worth it imo.

You may not experience the same but I used them once and brother did they dust. I could not keep the wheels clean.

Let us know how well they perform. Good luck.

I can't complain about the stock pads. I just changed my 09UC pads at 32k miles for the first time.

Used EBC pads once on my Katana, performance was on par with the stockers, wear about the same, but seemed to be slightly harder compound for less fade, so they slightly grooved my rotors.

On the Harley, the Sporty's HD pads wear just fine, no grooving; while at the dealer, opened the new box, pads looked really high quality, with stainless steel spring and piston shims, so I stuck with them. :s

I put stock HD pads on the rear, I bought them at my dealer a few weeks ago..was going to buy stock pads once a payday (kinda expensive) until I had three sets. However, when I had the Michelin tires put on at an independent shop, they mentioned my brakes were bad and had EBC Sintered pads available for $33.00. I bought them. I gotta admit, the HD pads came with more "stuff" including a new pin and paste. All I got with the EBCs were just the pads..if I had it to do over, I would have bought the HD pads. Ride saf.e

Back