free website stats program new bike | Harley Davidson Forums

new bike

RKCRuss

Well i have something new to finance for the next 6 years (ouch).On 1/26/12 purchased a new Road Glide Ultra.Looked a long time and thought i was going to get a Road King Classic,but fate and a sweet deal changed that.
The bike is wintering at the dealer till spring.Purchased the stage 1 with deal so cost could be rolled into financing.
Already had dealer put Spectro in trans,& primary.After 100 miles will go with Amsoil in engine.Also went to Grainger and picked up some Mobil XHP 222 grease for neck bearing.
Plan on doing the 30-60-30 X 10 breakin as recommended on this site.
Been lurking & reading this site for some time now.Site is awesome & knowledge gained from members helping other members is invaluable.I find myself reading this site everyday.
Thanks for the tips, Tom.

Congratulations on the new ride. Check out your owners manual for the break-in procedure also and other info.

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of smiles upon it...:s

Congrats to you on the new scoot - sounds like you've been doing all the right planning/research. Like all us MidWesterners - can't wait until Spring thaw!!! Ride safe!

That is GREAT....:D Other than the finance thing...:53:

I do want to ask you about the Grease from Mobil.. IS this the Red synthetic and thicker then most(that is what is need here,Thicker, Non Runny).. Mobil XHP 222 grease for neck bearing.

I used a thick Red colored synthetic in my 09 FLHR but truly forgot the brand... This Mobil Rings a bell.. Thanks for your response.

Enjoy that New Ride.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the responses.I read about the Mobil XHP 222 on this site.Someone recommended this product but I cannot remember who.I popped the end off the grease and it is black, not red.The tube reads extended service with moly.
-Multipurpose NLGI 2 Grade Lithium Complex, ISO VG 220.
-Recommended for use in industrial applications,chassis components and farm equipment.
-For moderate duty service where moly is desired.
Tom

Congrads on the new ride, hope you many miles of safe and enjoyable riding. I do, however, feel sorry that you have to wait till spring to ride that new beast. Here in Phoenix we ride every day. I get withdrawl if I can't ride every day . Today should be around 70 and 80 for next Saturday. I do know how you feel, as I lived in Milwaukee for 40 years. In hindsite, I wish I would have moved to this beautiful place a long time ago. And this is a great forum, I read it everyday. Ride safe everyone!

We down here in the south will keep our fingers crossed for a short winter season up there. Sounds like you have already been doing your homework, take your time and read the owners manual and make sure you pick up a maint. manual. We all will be expecting pix once the weather clears. Ride safe, Don

Back