free website stats program New bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New bike

Well, I knew that mechanic more than 40 years ago and he was older then than I am now. All this has me wondering exactly what was meant by flushing. I'll ask the next time I go by the dealership.

John

It does not hurt to negotiate with the service department. I dropped the bike off last year for service and had some chrome done. While I was at the service desk, my wife came in to pick me up and started to beat the service manager up for a discount. I was a little agitated that she was getting involved , but she winded up getting 20% off the bill. I think I will be sending her down for future work :s

You've heard the saying,"crime don't pay", well neither does a Harley Dealer! When you take it in there going to change the oil and filter, might check the air in your tires, they might even check the levels of the rest of your fluids and top them off, then they'er going to charge you close to $300 for all that friendly service!

When i came up for the 1000 mile my appointment was a week off, I stop in t see if the dealer could just change the oil out, they had no time, I pick up a filter, sny 3 and did the tranny and engine, it only takes about 1/2hr to change out, the other nice thing you get to see what is on the plugs for the first time, The shop only charge me $ 210,
they did the prim. adjusted the clutch and what ever ealse needs to be done, week later I went and found MB1vt and spector for the tranny. She runs like a dream

Last edited:
Back