New Bike Set-up

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by Hogfarmer, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Hogfarmer

Hogfarmer Member

This question may seem off the wall but I would like to know what the procedure would be for setting up a 2010 Road King Classic when it is recieved by the dealership from the factory, and what is done to the Bike when sold to the customer? Is there a checklist that the service Tech follows.:bigsmiley30:

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

That's a good question and I wondered the same thing. When I took my new 2009 home I noticed both front legs were at different heights within the triple trees. Once I purchased the service manual I then was able to measure and find neither one was at the correct height. Great QC on the dealership's part. Checklist?..Maybe. But do they read it... Maybe.

3. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Here's the 09 PDI Manual Hogfarmer, I would have posted the 2010 but it's 12.1 MB's, the setup is about the same.
    View attachment 6970

4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

And here's the techs check sheet for the touring models.
    PDI Sheets Touring.jpg

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Dealer PDI is a charged feature typically and Chopper' list are supposed to be followed. But quality control varies...imagine that as reality is really a function of time, materials and servicer due diligence...we have all experienced both positives and negatives here.

6. Hogfarmer

Hogfarmer Member

Thank you for the reply. Where can you purchase this PDI manual and what is the cost.

7. Hogfarmer

Hogfarmer Member

Thank you for the reply and for sending the 09 manual but cannot acess it as attached.

8. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

me ether.....help...

9. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Chopper, Man O man I would love to see that 12MB manual.... I would even play you a tune..:guitar

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

[​IMG]