free website stats program New Bike service intervals | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike service intervals

I just purchased my first HD, an '09 nightster 1200. My question is; the bike only had 2,400 miles when I purchased it, now 3,400. Is there a break in period when I should be changing fluids more regularly than every 3,000 miles? The bike was serviced by the dealer at 1,500 before I bought it, so I was told. I have no owners manual yet, just ordered it, so I don't know any of the service intervals. Thanks for any replies.

As hobbit stated 5000 for the next service and by that time you will have had time to also order and recive the service manual and you will be able to do your own service
also read through past threads and the self help tips as there is a lot of information on oils, filters and other service items

Brian

knightster637; also might want to get the bike's service manual...for another $60 it's your bike's bible - much better than owner's guide. This way you'll have all the means to tear apart & rebuild.

Hey thanks Iceman I did order the service manual and the owners manual, should be here in a few days.

I think the service intervals may be in the self help section, if not may want to check Chops Garage a good standing member here seems to me he has a link to that info until you get your manual happy riding:s

Back