free website stats program New bike order, how long did yours take | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New bike order, how long did yours take

Joel,
I hope that Lone Wolf does you better than me. I know nothing about their salesmen, but I got burnt by their service department. I was to by their service manager that they couldn't warranty a loose compensator because I had to many miles on the bike......long story short......

Primary Whining - Harley Davidson Community

This is kind of a "retro" answer, but an answer just the same. I ordered my first FLHR 10-24-1994, with a five hundred dollar depostit. Took delivery of the bike on 2-28-1997.

At a different dealer, same town, The second bike was a FLHRI I ordered it on 1-1-1995, with a five hundred dollar deposit. Took delivery of the bike August 21, 1996.

BOTH BIKES WERE LIST PRICE....NO JACKING UP THE PRICE AND NO EXTRA CHROME FORCED ON YOU.:D

Also I ordered a third FLHRI at the first dealer in the spring of 1995. It was for a 2003 100th anniversary model. No deposit was required for this. I took delivery of this bike on 8-21-2002. THERE AGAIN I PAID LIST PRICE WITH NO JACKING UP THE PRICE AND NO EXTRA UNWANTED CHROME "FORCED" ON YA.:D This latter one is my present scoot and it has nearly 35K on it.

FWIW, With the market being what it is, and the time of the year, I figured the dealer would have did a dealer trade? Hence, had you on the road in a couple of days on your new bike. btw...it is an awesome color combo you picked....that color combo really spins my beanie.:bigsmiley10:

I don't know if the dealers have a bit more choice in what they get anymore but they used to get an allocation and could check when they were getting which bike. If they did not have one on their allocation in the color/ wheel you wanted. They had to trade with another dealer. The ABS is factory but security can be added.

Yes RichadreS, this is the bike but WOW thats not the price,we got it for about 5,000 less though I was asked not to tell any one the final price. As I understood the dealer / owner, they did a color alocation change with thier normal order. Did call factory yesterday [monday] to see about normal shipping time when a bike comes from factory, seems that when a bike is orderd it can take 6-8 weeks, how ever she couldn't give me better info as I am not the selling dealer. It is 8:25 now so in about an hour I will call dealer to do a search for more ac. delivery date

Last edited:
So yesterday the new bike was delivered to the dealer and today I was able to be there for there for the unboxing. It took 60 days to get here, but well worth the wait. The dealer, Lonewolf H-D is located in Coeur D'Alene, Id. and the snow is melting, so now we just need a few more days to let the streets dry out for the pre-delivery test ride. If the weather holds the patteren we are in they can trailer the bike to me next week. I posted some pics. in the thread Candy Store, part 2 :D

Attachments

• IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 18
Back