free website stats program New battery | Harley Davidson Forums

New battery

Jeff Klarich

Experienced Member
Contributor
Tried to start the bike today but only turned over slow, pulled the battery and to my surprise it's the org one dated January of 04. I think I got my moneys worth.:D

I had a similar issue about a year ago once i got the bike started i checked the voltage across the battery terminals when running and got 17.7 volts a new regulator dropped the voltage to 14.5
So perhaps worth a wee check of what the charge level is like once you are near the battery anyway

Brian

Yep, I changed my 2004 Sportster battery about 2 years ago, then had to change the Batteries Plus one about 6 months or so ago, but they honored the 1 year warranty without pro-rating because of the intermittant battery terminal factory defect I had after only 1 month new. So those HD OEM batteries from 2004-2005 Made in PA USA were pretty darn good...! :)

Talk about squeezing a nickel till it cries!

Talk about squeezing a nickel till it cries!

No kidding, I bought the bike used and seeing it has high compression I thought for sure it would have gone through a battery or 2 but it's the org Harley battery dated Jan of 04.

I changed my battery last year, and also upgraded to a set of 2ga battery cables. Bike starts way better with the new cables.

No kidding, I bought the bike used and seeing it has high compression I thought for sure it would have gone through a battery or 2 but it's the org Harley battery dated Jan of 04.

:D Should start a bit better now too, wanna trade bikes for a few miles again:D

:D Should start a bit better now too, wanna trade bikes for a few miles again:D

So there is the answer. You let Jack ride your bike and the battery dies! He does the same thing to camera batteries!:bigsmiley30:

Back