free website stats program New Battery | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Battery

I've been told you should change the battery every two years or else you chance getting stranded. I haven't owned my Harley long enough to find out

I've been told you should change the battery every two years or else you chance getting stranded. I haven't owned my Harley long enough to find out

If you ride it often and use a tender you can get more than 2 years out of OEM batteries, they are pretty stout

As Jack say, if it's a Genuine OEM and you take care of them (Tender), they seem to really last.

I just started using Tenders myself this year, and I can't believe how much they help keeping the battery at "peak" performance.
I use to just buy new batteries every few years but now they are just too expensive to just waste.

had a problem with mine this week, turns out the fuse was blown...found out after getting new tender and hd battery.

what is the size of the fuse on the pigtail for the plug in??

had a problem with mine this week, turns out the fuse was blown...found out after getting new tender and hd battery.

what is the size of the fuse on the pigtail for the plug in??

The stock HD part number 94624-97B batter harness is fused at 7.5 amps.
I've heard of riders trying to plug their heated gloves into the pigtail, but thinking that is a 15 amp draw for gloves.

Back