free website stats program new bars on a 2009 road king | Harley Davidson Forums

new bars on a 2009 road king

kruppt

Just put on the heritage style bars on an 2009 road king because of all the good things I have read about them. So far they feel 100% better then the stock ones a little taller and back a little further. Going on about 1300 mile ride in 2 days hope they still feel good. Bars were a pain in the you know what to put on compared to my deuce.

Just put on the heritage style bars on an 2009 road king because of all the good things I have read about them. So far they feel 100% better then the stock ones a little taller and back a little further. Going on about 1300 mile ride in 2 days hope they still feel good. Bars were a pain in the you know what to put on compared to my deuce.

I'm glad you like them and poted it on here. I plan on doing this upgrade very shortly myself. I understand this is a fairly easy upgrade as well. I had a Street Bob with mini-apes (stock ones) and I really liked the way it felt. Let us know how your trip went when you get back.

Are you using Heritage style handlebar part# 56902-08? I wish this would of been my first comfort modification than last on my 08 FLHR. You'll appreciate them on your upcoming trip.

Has anyone installed the Heritage bars on a Road Glide? I like that they are a little higher without getting into the mini apes.

yes the 56902-08 bars. the pain part was the throttle wire it's not that long and having to take the headlight out so you can get to the wires and remove the bars.

yes the 56902-08 bars. the pain part was the throttle wire it's not that long and having to take the headlight out so you can get to the wires and remove the bars.

Yep, I had to do that when I installed cruise. It is a pain. But it does have enoudh length without pulling the wires too much, right?

A couple of tips.

Place a folded towel on your fender so you don't scratch the paint when you remove the headlight from the nacelle.

Place a shim in the front brake lever so it's slightly pulled in.

Don't completely remove the rear nut on the nacelle spline, loosen it and it will slip out of the groove.

Be careful pulling the throttle sensor out while feeding the wires from the nacelle up into the bars.

The throttle sensor wires are delicate, take care not to pinch the wires.

Take your time, and enjoy!

I just went on a 440 mile ride Saturday and although my bars were perfect, no back pain, my butt was killing me. I'm going to try the sheepskin cover. One fix a week!

Like Larry said, wire long enough with the stock bars to pull it out and unplug it. With new bars I had to plug the throttle wire together while it was still in the bars a little bit. All other wires no problems. I'm counting down for the ride leave Wed early in the moring

Yep, I had to do that when I installed cruise. It is a pain. But it does have enoudh length without pulling the wires too much, right?

Yes. You will have enough wires with no pulling. If I remember right smkinnan you have ABS also? Still enough wire with no pulling. These are the correct Heritage style bars.

Funny, I just noticed on the HD website:
56902-08

Fits '08-later FLHR, FLHRC, FLTR and FLTRX models. All models require separate purchase of additional components. Does not fit '08 ABS-equipped models. Does not fit models with Sidecar, Heated Hand Grips with int
Beats me that they say this part# 56902-08 WILL NOT work with ABS brakes? The catalog says they will which they DO with no problems or additional components. Talking about confusing. Wow!

Has anyone installed the Heritage bars on a Road Glide? I like that they are a little higher without getting into the mini apes.
Yes.........they work GREAT on the Road Glide. No wire changes, cable changes or line changes. Just a little re-routing. Almost a mini ape, really nice riding position.

Back