free website stats program New Addition to the Family | Harley Davidson Forums

New Addition to the Family

RobDog

Traveled back to Texas in January on R&R from Baghdad. For the last several months, I being doing a comparison of the top touring bikes from Honda, Victory, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Harley Davidson. I have got to be honest - there are no rubbishy bikes out there anymore. Each one has their good and bad points.

I looked at the initial cost, dealer availability, maintenance costs, insurance rates, features, comfort, color selection, dealer responses and attitude, handling, and customer reviews. Peer pressure and bias opinions are not important when investing close to 25 grand in a machine.

Well, after the dust settled, I am now the proud owner of a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic, Hot Sunglo Red, 5 year extended warranty, w/security system and ABS. I also added a Stage 1 kit and Premium Oil Cooler for those hot Texas days. It was purchased at Longhorn Harley Davidson in Grand Prairie and the dealer matched the price given to me by the Military Exchange Program which I qualify for as a Contractor working with the Military here.

It all came down to the test drive and what made me happy. The dealer was great and let me take out twice for a drive. No high pressure sales tactics and they seemed to really appreciate my business. More importantly, the bike was awesome and the performance was outstanding. I'm now back in Iraq for 3 more months and the dealer will have it ready upon my return. I will get home just in time for the riding season.

Take care and be safe over there. :laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your service, keep your head down and come back safe to that new ride and all of the friendly folks here on HDT.

I whole heartly agree with the above post. It's men and women like you that make it possible for all of us to ride free.:USA Thank you for your service and may the Lord keep you safe. Enjoy your new ride when you get back.

Glad to hear you finally got it! You won't be disappointed! I knew you would go with the Ultra! Take care, be safe!

Back