free website stats program New 2014 Road King on Order | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2014 Road King on Order

Forgiven

This past Saturday, I just placed my order for a new 2014 Mysterious Red Road King with security and linked ABS brakes. I have been waiting 20+ years for this, so I guess I can wait another 6+ weeks. I recently got my motorcycle license after having taken the motorcycle safety class. Perhaps I am rushing it a bit by jumping into such a large ride, but I am in my 50's, have wanted a Harley since my early 30's, and time is not slowing down. However, I will be very careful and remember my training. The kids are grown now and supportive of my dream. In fact we are planning a future Father sons ride from California to the Grand Canyon (or further) on route 66. My wife is also very supportive, although she says her getting on a bike is not an option. All in all, very exciting stuff. I'll post some pictures after my ride arrives. Any general riding and touring advice you guys have is welcome.

Welcome to the forum from Suwannee. Sounds like you have a great family!

sounds like you have a great plan and support.And live in an area where you can ride year round.which is a nice bonus.You'll be surprised how well your RK will handle.Welcome

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome from So. Texas. The 6+ weeks will pass soon enough. Enjoy your new ride & ride Safe.
tourbox

Welcome to the forum, Congratulations on the new bike
:rider:wce

Welcome from NJ......here, we put skiis on our bikes
WAP.gif

Back