free website stats program New 2014 Limited Ultra | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2014 Limited Ultra

Congrats , lots of changes - Project Rushmore - new tour pack , new saddle bag luggage , new juke box compartment , new fairing lower storage , new hand controls , new gauges , new fenders , new wheels , new lighting reflex linked brakes , improved front suspension , new bat wing fairing design with split stream vent , windshield lowered by 3.25" & limited standard with heat exchangers in lowers directed to exhaust ports in the cylinders powered by high output twin cam 103 . Leave anything out ??

Hi, I just traded my 09 Ultra Classic on the New Ultra Limited.
What accessories do you get with the Limited? eg: head set bags etc

Hi, I just traded my 09 Ultra Classic on the New Ultra Limited. What accessories do you get with the Limited? eg: head set bags etc

I know bag liners come with the bike but I don't know if they stopped giving the headset with each bike. They aren't "bad" headsets but don't expect any great fidelity out of them like you would a nice headset hooked to your home sound system. I'd make them throw at LEAST one in, and two would be MUCH better...after all, what good is the added feature of the passenger intercom without headsets?

Didn't sound "negative" to me but I agree that there has been some strange thinking regarding this twin cooled stuff. I looked at a new Ultra Limited last weekend and, if I was into baggers and had approximately 30k to lay down for one, I'd go for it! Awesome long haul machine!!
i probably am a little negative but it seems to be the corporate way in USA today to make the public test the product...I became negative (in my mind) because Harley did not issue recall on the 110 heads...and (in my mind) they clearly should have....but that is not to say that other manufactures don't do the same thing...anyway I have learned the hard way that the newest models often have unscheduled and highly unwanted problems...and ones attitude is surely affected by when and where it happens to them...i was lucky my problems with the 110 heads happened at home...one buddy was on long haul and lost several days and lots of attitude....that said it ain't a perfect world and i doubt we would like it if it were....:p

Hey just wanted to say congrats on the new ride I just got into a Limited in the Daytona blue pearl and I love it, gotta get the 1000 mile service out of the way tonight so I can ride tomorrow. Any one know where a printable 1000 mile service list is for a 2014 or even a 2013 would be close.:D:D

Hey just wanted to say congrats on the new ride I just got into a Limited in the Daytona blue pearl and I love it, gotta get the 1000 mile service out of the way tonight so I can ride tomorrow. Any one know where a printable 1000 mile service list is for a 2014 or even a 2013 would be close.:D:D

I would let the dealer do the 1000 mile service. My dealer makes a big deal out of them doing the 1st service because gives them a chance to look the bike over to make sure no issues have popped up. No it isn't for money because it is free when you purchase a bike there. If you have a good dealer(like mine) it will take a while. Remember this is a pile of parts that has just been assembled.. My local dealer takes it out for a short ride before delivery but in 5 miles nothing has a a chance to really come loose.

It's amazing to see the level of negativity about these new bikes from folks that don't own one, or haven't even been on one. Especially in the "2014s are out" thread.
I'm here to tell you, I traded my 06 Ultra Classic in for a Daytona Blue Ultra Limited. I love this bike! It's a world of difference. When I went to Demo Days at my dealer and took a test ride, I was convinced! On a 70-75 degree day the bikes had already been on about 4 rounds of demo (14 miles each) when I rode it. I got back and put my hand about 1-2 inches from the exhaust port side of the head on the back cylinder. I could hold it there. Try that on an older TC motor with the factory lean fuel settings!
Comments that you can't "work" on these new bikes are also just plain wrong. I added V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster slash downs, and the SE breather kit. Used the SE Tuner to dial it in and it runs and sounds great. And cool. That motor is strong!
The new linked ABS brakes are good. If you use your brakes properly, you'll never know the linked system is there. But apply front or back to heavy and it will add a balanced application to the brake you're light on. How can that be bad?
If you don't like them, don't buy one! But don't go on about something you don't know. I'll hit 5K miles this weekend on mine.

Back