free website stats program New 2014 Limited Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2014 Limited Ultra

I didn't like the look of the fairing at first but, after spending some time checking out all the improvements to the bike, I've changed my mind. The MoCo did a good job! The upgrades are first class and, if I wasn't in my 70's and had an extra chunk of change that I didn't know what to do with, I'd spring for one. But, since I'm on a pension, I'll stick with my /09 Ultra.

I checked the 2014 limited also, sweet ride. If I would have stayed on the lot another 10 minutes I would have rode it home. What color did you get? The one that caught my eye was a 2 tone kinda maroon and red. Keep us posted on how you like it compared to your previous ride. Oh and congrats!

Enjoy the ride. I also would like to hear your thoughts on the cooling. Was at the dealer today and some people are saying they still get 'hot'.. it is in the 80s-90s here so I cant imagine them not getting hot. But curious on your thoughts. "hot" is a very vague term. I hope these people didn't buy these expecting to feel zero heat. Ive been drooling over the 14 Limited also. (silver/charcoal? i think it was) The change is ok in my book. The tour pak looks small to me but they say it has more capacity. When you get some miles in let us know your thoughts. Congrats!

Scrappy.. you can still feel some heat from the motor but not much... nothing even coming close to the older model bikes with catalytic converters.. I had mine down in Gettysburg labor day weekend and it was in the high 80's. I never had the rear cyl shut down or even a valve ping while we were stuck in traffic. Worlds of improvement from the previous 2012 Limited I traded in.

No..sorry my wording wasn't that great..the 14 is much much cooler tan other models that have the cats also..

Congrats on the 2014! Very envious.... Those things are awesome... Lots of moving into the 21st century...
I might have to upgrade myself.... Enjoy the ride on the beautiful machine!!!!!
WAP.gif

I did ok on the trade. I got 145000 for mine. The price on the new one was 284000. Yes the engine runs much cooler than my 2008. The bike is more stable on the road and a lot quicker. I did have the front compression release go bad at 800 mi other than that I love it. the boom box kicks (Edit)

Please Click the below link and read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back