free website stats program new 2010 classic questions | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

new 2010 classic questions

Picked up my new 2010 UC yesterday, 4 miles on her then not now..whoa ya... from 97 dyna forward controls to upright seated position UC. Got a couple of questions?

the windshiled : I almost look over it ducking down I look thru but view slightly distorted...should I replace with shortie or cut this one? and how far? I do like the benefit of less wind resistance on me.

Stock seat: nice but seems to move me (I'm 6"1) forward dealer suggested Tallboy seat replacement, I had badlander on my dyna any opinions?

Plan on quick release for tourpak with antenna relocated to fairing, do I lose much reception?

There are also a lot of differing options on break-in, with dyna rebuild I did varying speed for first 500 miles and then it was awsome. I plan on doing same for UC (long life and better power in long run I understand)

Thanks for help, great site, I just found it.

Pete

Pete, as others have said, you will be busy...but I would doublecheck on the distorted windscreen...you are at the right height if you can look over it, yet when tucked down a bit your view should NOT be distorted. I would check out other bikes at your dealer like yours and make sure it is not a defect...MOCO prides itself with R&D and windscreen distortion should be considered a warranty defect and is dangerous PERIOD. The other stuff is personal preference though engine breakin I would do Gliders' recommendation and NOT baby it during the break in and change ALL the fluids early say 500 miles or so. JMHO :s

Pete; When I had the stock windshield on my Classic, I could look over or through it depending on my posture. I did not notice any distortion when looking through it.

Back