free website stats program new 2010 classic questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new 2010 classic questions

Plan on quick release for tourpak with antenna relocated to fairing, do I lose much reception?
Pete

I am with you on the ugly antetenna's. I removed mine and still have adaquete reception, but then I am usually in a area with lots of stations and I almost always use a i Pod. Even the weatherband works when I have tried it. If you put a antenna in the fairing I think you will be fine. :s

Thanks for all the good advise..I'm afraid I sometimes jump into something and want to change it instead of just see how it is or was designed.

Yes is seems the engine is a bit hotter (temp wise) then I expected but then we here in California are having a heat wave. I also understand a new engine emits more heat at first.

May just leave the stock seat for now thanks for all the great advise on height changes with relationship to windshield.

Last night I met up with guy with lower windshield (standard is clear 12 . He had a smoked 9.5 " windshield made bike look good and was just below nose/bridge level. May order one (suggesting of not cutting orginal was repeated by others), AT 12 "I have to look over or under edge very distracting.

Thinking about an alarm (I am getting lots of admirers sort of makes we worry(HD makes a plug in siren kit), already have ignition cut off, any thoughts on this one or other screaming alarms.

You're right, awesome ride and lots or ways to unload ones wallet.
Thanks for your thoughts. Still have not gotten to all the messages this board offers, great isn't it.

Pete

Hey Pete...Welcome to da family... I would go with HD siren, it's a plug in to the system you have now and you can add a pager too. HD also warranties all accessories you add for the full two standard warranty period. I agree do the seat thing before the shield. Ride Safe T

Thanks for all the advise. So far I have borrowed and installed a 6 1/2" windshield from a buddy (he also loaned me a 4" not installed yet). Now I don't look over or under the shield edge. I ride more relaxed and the seat fits better. The 6 1/2" shield hasn't really given me more wind in the face. Maybe I am used to my Dyna and the smaller windvest but that helped a lot too.

Will order the HD siren to add to my HD alarm. I just don't want the pager. I understand the siren gets anoying and the pager doesn't turn off the siren from afar anyway. Siren will get people to look at the noise though, that's what I want. Thiefs don't like attention during the act.

Loving the new ride
pete

Thanks for all the advise. So far I have borrowed and installed a 6 1/2" windshield from a buddy (he also loaned me a 4" not installed yet). Now I don't look over or under the shield edge. I ride more relaxed and the seat fits better. The 6 1/2" shield hasn't really given me more wind in the face. Maybe I am used to my Dyna and the smaller windvest but that helped a lot too.

Will order the HD siren to add to my HD alarm. I just don't want the pager. I understand the siren gets anoying and the pager doesn't turn off the siren from afar anyway. Siren will get people to look at the noise though, that's what I want. Thiefs don't like attention during the act.

Loving the new ride
pete
Like the Red Pete.........Don't forget to try some of the windshiels with the Laminer curve at the top..........Windvest, Klokwerks, there's other's too. They "ride" about 4" higher than they are cuz of that little curve at the top.
Have fun and keep that Red shiney.

I am in the process of installing the quick release tour pack kit on my son's 2010 Ultra Limited and one thing is that it doesn't account for the 12-volt cigarette lighter-style connector in the tourpak. There is the quick-release harness for the tourpak for the lights, but nothing for the cigarette lighter-style connector. I will need to talk to the HD dealer to see if they have a quick-connect harness for this. Or, if anyone has already solved this problem, I am open to suggestions.

i also bought a tallboy seat for my 09 classic but to sit you back they take all the cussion out went back to the stock much more comfortable i did change out my windshield for a (flhtwindshields.net) they stick out a little futher on the side to cut the wind a little more and you can hear the speakers better

Hi Mingo

I have 7500 miles on my 2010, once you pass 5000 it gets a little cooler. Also I had a 2007 Ultra if you guys think the 2010 is hot go ride a 2007 for a bit. Harley has made great improvements with the heat issue. Also make sure your rear cyl is set to shut off when you stop. You can turn the feature on and off by rolling the throttle forward at a stop light.

Back