free website stats program new 2009 Ultra Classic void warranty? | Harley Davidson Forums

new 2009 Ultra Classic void warranty?

bmaier

Ok, my wife and I picked up a gorgeous 2009 vivid black ultra classic yesterday. of course the dealer tries to sell us the service plan, 12 service visits through 27.5K for $1999, and a one time one day offer of $1799, free upgrade for syn 3 on all oil changes. They tell me if I do my own service, (or have someone else who's not a certified HD mechanic)I would void the warranty. If I want Mobil 1 or some other true synthetic used I would have to provide it myself, at my own cost of course, they only carry HD oil. Your thoughts, Hobbit, Smitty, any other experts???
Thanks

blah blah blah void warrenty blah blah ask for it in writing them so you can have the AG go after them ..

Void Warranty? - Harley Davidson Community read all these here print them if you like to shove in dealers face then find different dealer and pass on the syth 3 junk .. go with mobile one or spectro

Bud, Hobbit, you guys are good! Thanks for the links. Unfortunately the only dealer within 75 miles and just minutes from my house, I don't want to alienate them any more than my wife and I did getting their best price on the 09.

and how could I forget Glider, you guys know it all! I gotta thank my wife for wanting a 2009 Ultra Classic for her 10th wedding anniversary, I love her!

Last edited by a moderator:
well then hang onto the link do your own work .. save the recipts and print out the stuff from harley what your supposed to do at the mileage intervals from harley and then fill out the sheet with the date you changed oil and filter and what ya used how much and what your adjustments were and if ya want to get really into it .. what torque wrench ya used what loctite if any etc etc ..

then you have as much proof as you can have for haveing the work done its up to harley to disprove that you bought 4 quarts of mobile one so many time but never put them in liek you claim

Hobbit, thats a bummer about your paint, good luck with that... yes "the boss" knows she has good taste. we had rented a few 2009's and absolutely fell in love with the 09 Ultra Classic, they are awesome! I want to try and do the work on mine myself, at least the fluids, you had any issues with the three tech bulletins out on the 09 Baggers? jiffy stand lean angle, steering head bearing adjustment and swingarm holding water?

service manager said he hadn't heard of any of these issues. how do you like that Ultra 2" lower all the way around, does it compromise ride quality due to less suspension travel? you replace shocks on the rear and how'd you lower the front? I wouldn't mind it sitting a little lower!

sounds nice, i'm going to have to look in to lowering mine, how much did the lowered front end run?

Back