free website stats program New 2009 Street Glide...113 SE worth the trouble? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2009 Street Glide...113 SE worth the trouble?

The head fins were changed in 2009, so I don't think the manual compression releases will work, but the autos are not that bad to install, if the dealer has the jig. For long term reliability, I would go with gear drive on the cams.....and S&S offers cams with a built in compression release. As far as 110 or 113, well, unless you are an extreme adrenaline junkie, why waste the $$? Splitting cases and boring spigots for the extra power just doesn't seem like a necessity, and neither does that kind of power on an everyday machine.....I have just over 100hp, ridden everyday weather permitting, and sees 100mph+ every day I ride it.....and it is more than enough to get me into trouble. I have to be really careful in the rain....if you DO have that need, make sure the combustion chamber is polished (Harleys are not, and carbon does build up) ......Jims is a way to go, so are S&S setups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crzy put the rineheart reversecone megaphones slipp-on if you like it loud, they are good tuned mufflers, the stock exhaust header you have will perform as well or better then any true duals on the market, and they don't have cats unless your in cal or it's a cvo bike. we would order and replace the cvo headers with these stock ones because they have no restructions and are the best money can buy, You have the best exhaust system that is made, just need a set of good tuned mufflers and your good to go. You don't need any type of compression release with this set up or a heavy duty over priced starter ether.

I am no motor guru, At the dyno shootout the stock 110 wasnt impressive. A 96 built to a 103 is far superior.

Got the dealer to do up a quote today, and a 103 is the way I'm going. In the end its not alot more than just doing the cams and its gonna do way more for me.
Once I get it broke in and the dyno tune done i will most definately post the sheet and some numbers for you all. Thanks again for all the help.
Is the normal SE stage 1 breather gonna be good enough, or is it worth while to pony up the extra $200 for the heavy breather?

It depends, I have been told by customers that they could feel the difference in the seat of their pants when putting the heavy breather in place of their S/E standard cleaner.
It boils down to, do you like the way it looks, here's a pic on a 08 FLHX I put the 131'' in with the heavy breather..
DSCF0028.jpg

On the entire flip side of this, your existing cylinders bored to 107" using Wiseco pistons, combined with one of several Bob Wood cams, and a good* set of cylinder heads, will have you at 120 ft/lbs., easily, and a Wood 9B will have you at 120/120, and not yank your wallet out of your pants.
BTW, has your dealer made mention of welding that crank, as they ALL can sissor. No matter what flavor.

Back