free website stats program New 2009 Street Glide...113 SE worth the trouble? | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2009 Street Glide...113 SE worth the trouble?

So I just bought a new 2009 Street Glide and am looking to boost the power, lol. I was originally steered by another dealer towards the SE 110 street legal kit. The a couple other dealers, including the one I bought my bike from, said that I wouldn't be happy w/ the 110.
The shop would be building the SE 113 w/ the catolog kit plus the weaknesses that the kit doesn't address. The 113 will cost a bunch more $$$ but the dyno numbers are way better than the 110. The dealer will warranty the 113 in-house for 2years as the H-D warranty will be void on the engine.
The SE 110 would be covered under the factory warranty for the full 7 years.
Anyone w/ any insite into my dilema would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Canuk

If it were me. I would want to see dyno sheets from similiar previuos builds of both setups. It would make it easier to make the decision. More then the dealer saying you will not be happy with the 110.

The SE Street Legal 110 numbers would be the same as a stock CVO bike, unfortunately i dont have those #'s.
The SE Race 113 would have about 120Hp and 120 torque? I know the hp is right but the torque not so sure of.

What is the dollar difference ? Is it worth the dollar difference and loosing 5 years of warranty for a 10% increase in power. I guess that is why your asking.

From stock to 110 you will gain around 25% to 30%. Just guessing

No help here.

Reliability is a concern of mine, lol.
The shop has been building the 113 for years and have a tried and true recipe. The have addressed all the issues that the stock SE 113 kit leaves out, and replaced w/ stronger better parts.
The dollar difference between the 113 and the 110 is prob gonna be like 5K.
That price includes;
oil cooler
high torque starter
roller rockers
manual compression releases
2 oil changes
adjustable push rods
all gaskets and oils
5hrs dyno tuning after break in.
Alot of the people at the dealership are running this combo in their bikes and have no complaints. There is only one guy at the shop that does the work on the custom engines and is quite known in these parts.
I guess the other option is just doing a stage one, w/ the race tuner and see if the extra power is really needed, ok i know its not needed already but gotta love the pull, lol

Crzy Canuk you have a brand new smooth running FLHX, you can do the stage 2 big bore w/255 cams that add plenty of torque at low end, add good exhaust, the whole thing would be covered under warranty forever and you would keep longavetty while maintaining roadabilty, who could ask for more. My personal opinion is you would be ruining a fantastic machine by doing anymore. If you did the 113, you said others in the area have it so it wouldn't be "that" special, if you realy want to be the fastest kid on the block and blow rice rockets off the road as well as minds on the dyno drags at events while maintaining a degree of longavetty with good roadabilty, have them pull the bone stock engine out and sell it on e-bay then take the money and buy the screamin eagle 131'' Jims engine with the larger S/E enjection manifold, the cost will compare to the 113'' but you will have a streetable race engine with all of Harley's technology and Jims race experience built into it. I have done 2008 FLHX for a gentleman that would not give up his S/E V-Rod unless I could put him on a V-Twin that was faster then his V-Rod that was not stock, well it's faster and a great touring bike with over 20,000 trouble free miles on it, and after selling his engine the cost was no more then a big performance package like you are talking. the difference is the engine is built from the ground up for performance & reliably, you can get a lot more out of the engine but to keep it reliable for the street Jims kept it toned down. If you really have that need for speed check it out in the S/E catalog or go to Jims site. You can even get the engine unmarked so it looks just like a stock motor if you want a sleeper. Just a thought.

For someone wanting this kind of power what is your opinion of the Pro Charger system. One of the shops here does them and they are getting 150+HP and 135+T with the Thunder Max ECM and cam change.

So, i guess what your saying Chopper is that the SE110 kit is worthwhile and will give me alot more bang for my buck, while still maintaining reliability and warranty.

No Crez, I guess I talk a lot with out saying much sometimes or maybe just say things wrong way.
I would do the 103'' kit, the bang for your buck is most with this kit, it's not over kill and maintains the bikes reliability & longevity, it's like a stock bike on steroids. Harley designs a great bike, the FLHX is my favorite as a touring bike. It's hard to improve on such a good all around bike. The 110'' kit is a big waste of money in my personal opinion, don't let anybody in your stock cases, just do the top end and I don't mean the heads, leave them stock as heavier springs will make a lot more top end noise and any added compression will give you more heat as well as make the newer gas issues more of a issue.
Here's a 2007 I've done the curves are smooth, torque is through the roof and it even beat the local fast honda the owner wanted to put down in his town. It's a great all around touring machine that goes up the hills as fast as it comes down them.
255cams-1.jpg

Ok, now i get it chopper, lol.
The 103 kit w/ the 255 cams, adjustable push rods, heavy breather and the race tuner. What kinda pipes would you suggest? Originally I was thinking of rienhart true duals, but not sure if thats the proper way to go.
BTW you guys are awesome and i appreciate all the help.
Canuk

Back