free website stats program New 124" build: no response from injectors | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 124" build: no response from injectors

I have to wait until June 24 to get it tuned by Dave at JD's.

What?. You proved you have the talent. A guy with your know how and methodical way of thinking should learn how to do that themselves. The tuners want you to believe it's VooDoo but it's not.

What?. You proved you have the talent. A guy with your know how and methodical way of thinking should learn how to do that themselves. The tuners want you to believe it's VooDoo but it's not.

Haha, buying a dyno right now is not within my budget!

a dyno right now is not within my budget!

Your already paying rent on the best dyno available. Paved roads. Better than any inertia dyno available because tuners don't set up your part throttle cruise A/F ratios but you can. Dyno's set up WOT only. That's 10% of a total tune. I am sure you already own a SERT so you already have a data recording device (VCI). The only other essential tool you need is a wide band O2 analyzer.

There is no better way. Trust me.

Your already paying rent on the best dyno available. Paved roads. Better than any inertia dyno available because tuners don't set up your part throttle cruise A/F ratios but you can. Dyno's set up WOT only. That's 10% of a total tune. I am sure you already own a SERT so you already have a data recording device (VCI). The only other essential tool you need is a wide band O2 analyzer.

There is no better way. Trust me.

I already screwed up my FatBoy's tune thinking I had "talent". I don't know how I thought my ears and looking at spark plugs could compete with 60 dyno runs, haha!
Actually if I'm not mistaken, the tuner does part throttle monitoring as well, not only WOT runs to tune the bike on the dyno.
I know the guy who tuned my FatBoy would monitor all RPM and load ranges.

What really is important is having someone you Trust that is doing the work. It sounds like you have found that person. Let us know how things turn out.

What really is important is having someone you Trust that is doing the work. It sounds like you have found that person. Let us know how things turn out.

I will, Dave is known as a great tuner with the TTS MasterTune (I'll be bringing the FatBoy along as well so he can fix my screwup).
The only thing is that I have to drive 15hrs to get there!

I had to follow this all the way from another forum.
Glad to hear you found the issue. Seems simple now, but it is incredible how you found it. Nice job.

Back