free website stats program New 124" build: no response from injectors | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 124" build: no response from injectors

I learned a bunch also. I didn't want to tell you this earlier but I have only owned a Harley for 6 months and know EL-Zippo about them. Every day is a new adventure for me.

I learned a bunch also. I didn't want to tell you this earlier but I have only owned a Harley for 6 months and know EL-Zippo about them. Every day is a new adventure for me.

This is why I wanted to include every single test I did so if someone else encounters the same problem, there is information available.
Now the 32310-08 twist grip sensor I have has a set of red, white, and black wires in a yellow wrapping, and a set of red, white, and black wires in a black wrapping. Now I have to figure out which is which when compared to the stock diagram here.
tgsdiagram.jpg

Now I have to figure out which is which when compared to the stock diagram here.
tgsdiagram.jpg

Yes, the last thing you want to do is swap a +5 reference wire for a pot wiper arm wire. That would force the reference voltage to ground and probably toast the twist grip control or the reference supply in the ECM.

Using your ohm meter 1st identify what the pot value is (1K, 5K, 10K or it's fixed range). Then place the ohmmeter on a range that will allow you to sweep the pot and identify the wiper wire. Then identify the pot end wires looking for a value of "0" and the fixed value from above. Separate left pot from right pot. One must read up and other must read down when grip is rotated in same direction.

I found some instructions here on installing 32310-08, page 6.

(See attachment)
https://www.shop.harley-davidson-rostock.de/instructionsheets/56032-08.pdf
It says

yellow conduit
black to cavity 1
white to cavity 2
red to cavity 3

black conduit
black to cavity 4
white to cavity 5
red to cavity 6

The previous instructions I had were

yellow conduit
black to cavity 4
white to cavity 5
red to cavity 6

black conduit
black to cavity 1
white to cavity 2
red to cavity 3

Not exactly the same is it, I hope I didn't fry anything.

Attachments

• 56032-08.pdf
    318.8 KB · Views: 1
Yes they are different but you did not fry anything. Look at what the difference was. The ECM looked at that wiring as the engine being at wide open throttle when the twist grip was at rest.

Wow, I think the bike would have started and idled if you had twisted the grip to WOT and kept it there during cranking. Granted not something I would have tried, but the electrical logic seems to say it may have worked. Hence NO CODE. Do you see what I mean now about code writing.

So don't tell me that one of the conditions or rules of throttle by wire is you can't start the bike with the twist grip pegged. Maybe there IS hope for the code writers after all.!:p

All is well that ends well (I should maybe wait until I make the correction and try again to say that, haha!).
So this afternoon I'll be putting the 58mm TB, 5.3gps injectors back on the bike, reprogram with my TTS map, fix the TGS wires, and try again!

Your explanation makes it clear why there was no DTC, a WOT sensor really has no reason to throw a code, but it probably inhibits starting through the ECM by shutting off the injectors.

Your explanation makes it clear why there was no DTC, a WOT sensor really has no reason to throw a code, but it probably inhibits starting through the ECM by shutting off the injectors.

Exactly. As long as the summing voltage was still +5 volts, which it was, a code will not be thrown. As far as the ECM knew, the rider had the throttle pegged and that would be an unsafe condition for the bike to start. Little does the ECM know you were being chased by the old lady swinging a bat and you had to get out of there!

Exactly. As long as the summing voltage was still +5 volts, which it was, a code will not be thrown. As far as the ECM knew, the rider had the throttle pegged and that would be an unsafe condition for the bike to start. Little does the ECM know you were being chased by the old lady swinging a bat and you had to get out of there!

Well, that's one problem fixed.
I think you meant being chased by the hot, young woman's husband with a bat, haha!

Back