free website stats program New 120ST Crate Motor | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 120ST Crate Motor

I just ordered a 120st for my triglide. The 103 blew up. I am hoping for a bit more performance than the 103 had. Also looked at the S&S 124 LC and decided on 120st mainly on cost. Can't wait to get it back.

Got my Trike back Friday. The 120ST is running great. They want me to put 1000 miles on before doing the Dyno tune. Tried to put 200 miles on Saturday, It poured rain but still got a 100 miles in the rain :)

Got a little over 500 miles, 500 more to go then the tune up. I will say the 120ST has quite a bit more torque :) We were riding 2 up doing about 55 and came up on a slow car. In 6th gear all I did was twist the throttle and we passed in flying colors :) Did not open it up was about 1/2 throttle. let off at 85 :) The only thing I have noticed needing to watch out for is turning a corner and getting on it to hard. The front end gets light and it pushes the frontend. This is not going to be good for front tires. Got so parts today from DK to lift the gas tank, put a crankcase breather on, wind deflectors, these should help the cooling. Most of the time running today the oil temperature stayed around 225 deg. Which is good. When I hit some rain it dropped to 150 degrees. Guess the oil cooler was getting some cool rain water. Looking forward to the dyno tune. See what this baby will do now :)

We dyne'ed the 120 ST Friday. Final figures, Max Power = 118, Max Torque = 130. Runs a lot better now. It was very rich before and now no more babbling. I still have the stock mufflers with the V&H headers. My wife did not like how loud the V&H mufflers were so I put the stock mufflers back on :) Plenty of torque for passing, don't even have to downshift :) from 6th. Gas mileage seams to have improved, I hope as last check was 25 mpg. Was use to old 103 getting almost 40 mpg. Going to be taking a trip in the next week so will be doing some more checking, course will have wife and luggage on board.

Wife and luggage on board. The gas mileage has improved to 35-36 at 55 mph. Very noticeable increase in torque, with the cruise on at 55 mph and in 6th gear no more downshifting for hills, cruise holds 55 very good.

Back