free website stats program New 120ST Crate Motor | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 120ST Crate Motor

II'm dicing to pull the trigger on it. I've been riding for years so I love powe. What I'm worried about can the bike handle it, or am I gonna have to start replacing stuff. Belt, front end trans.and so on. How does that hold up with this engine.

What year is your Road Glide?

New crate motor from HD; comes with T/B and injectors and not a bad deal from with a 20% discount. Can't build one for that; I think many will sell. Still some questions about warranty but I think if installed in a 2015 model before delivery, ESP will cover. Apparently the new motor will fit '07 and later touring models but not sure; no warranty on those installs. Owner keeps take out motor; some dealers offering $1500 credit from what I read. 259E cams are advertised but from what I am reading, a new HD SE585 cam may be available.
dolt;
Just wondering; how does one take advantage of the 20% discount that you mentioned?

dolt;
Just wondering; how does one take advantage of the 20% discount that you mentioned?

I used to buy everything from Zanotti's but they shut down and Newcastle took over so that is where I buy now. There are several online discount dealers like Kutter/Boardtracker as Jack has posted, Ronnie's, Chicago HD and a couple of others that don't come to mind at the moment. The thing you have to watch for is shipping; some charge more than others; the parts price might be a bit cheaper but when shipping is added, the total cost could be more than from a competing dealer where the parts prices might be a bit higher but shipping cost less. I find it aggravating when you add a part to an existing order that does not add any real weight or increase the size of the package but the shipping rate increases. I have not experienced that, yet, with Newcastle. Of course there is always the one off part that I forget to include that I must go to a local dealer to purchase; that is when you appreciate the online discount dealers.;)

I know several that have installed the S&S 124, all in touring models, and all are very happy with the conversion. There is a mild compression torque version (585 cams) and a higher compression horsepower version (625 cams). The mild compression motor is a monster; better be pointed in the direction you want to go when you crack the throttle. That motor will break the tire loose in third gear with a little twist of the wrist; it's a different world. If you can handle the power, you will love it.;)
Is the S&S fuel injected? What's the cost of something like that?

Is the S&S fuel injected? What's the cost of something like that?

Long blocks, carbed or EFI without throttle body/carb or ignition. Have seen them go for about $6000 on Ebay; $6400 from some distributors. T and V series; low and higher compression, different cams and head options. Of course, a clutch upgrade is required and tires will have to be replaced more often. ;)Check the link for details.

http://www.sscycle.com/product/cart.php

II'm dicing to pull the trigger on it. I've been riding for years so I love powe. What I'm worried about can the bike handle it, or am I gonna have to start replacing stuff. Belt, front end trans.and so on. How does that hold up with this engine.
It's a 2011 road Glide ultra, I'm up in daytona. Was going to put on ohlins front and rear end, the guy that has this variable clutch from California was there also, Japanese guy.

The MoCo will install the 120R and 120ST motor with no other modifications to brakes, suspension or primary/secondary drive, so while the S&S 124 develops a bit more power, if one knows how to ride a Harley making 140HP, no issues. MoCo engineers can't be wrong, can they?:rolleyes:

The MoCo will install the 120R and 120ST motor with no other modifications to brakes, suspension or primary/secondary drive, so while the S&S 124 develops a bit more power, if one knows how to ride a Harley making 140HP, no issues. MoCo engineers can't be wrong, can they?:rolleyes:
That's the answer I was looking for, I was talking to a guy last night on main St that had one in his st glide Glide and loves it.

I used to buy everything from Zanotti's but they shut down and Newcastle took over so that is where I buy now.
Most all the guys with mail order from Zannotti's went to New Castle. Great bunch...

Back