free website stats program New 103 blowing oil out the breather | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 103 blowing oil out the breather

Also I have a noise in the motor also that the dealer said is normal................Again they take me for a fool.....I've owned HD's since I was 17 and I'm 54 now. I've had the AMF junk and all. I've had panheads that have NEVER done this. The noise is a tapping noise in the motor that comes after a 40 or 50 mile ride and when it starts it gets louder and louder where I can hear it over the radio and pipes plus the wind from riding 75mph and then it goes away for a while.....they say this is a NORMAL Harley noise.......I'm thinking valve train or something......
My 07 Streetbob NEVER gave me any warning, it had soooo much crank run out it broke the cam plate AND oil pump. Take it to another dealer for a check up

yes. 5k miles it's under warranty. i can't believe they didn't fix it if you left it at the shop !!

oil level most likely. check when HOT. at the line is too close for comfort. always fill up to just under the line. the line is REALLY the max before problems occur. a little less than the line is where you should be looking.

------------------
if oil is in the cylinder it's from a leaky valve seal, leaky head gasket, or leaky piston ring (on some engines - harley i don't know - if two tabs coincidently move to align and stick: you burn oil - strange but true). anyway that's the dealer's warranty work problem not yours.

unless you drove the engine real hard or overheated i really doubt you have a warranty inner engine problem. about never happens in any new vehicle: heads valves etc are machined real well and with better metals these days

on new bike: oil comes from below (rings, notch aligned?) or above valves (loose bolt?) or highly unlikely from return cavity through bad head seal. no other way in i that chamber i know of.
This is WRONG
The oil does splash a bit in the lower end, the oil runs down the barrels, cooling and dumps out in the bottom end where the pistons and GOOD rings scrape it up the barrels to lube them. Please see the self help section or read a manual before you post irresponsible information

on new bike: oil comes from below (rings, notch aligned?) or above valves (loose bolt?) or highly unlikely from return cavity through bad head seal. no other way in i that chamber i know of.
This is WRONG
The oil does splash a bit in the lower end, the oil runs down the barrels, cooling and dumps out in the bottom end where the pistons and GOOD rings scrape it up the barrels to lube them. Please see the self help section or read a manual before you post irresponsible information
Good on you, after reading his garbage I came to the conclusion we had a troll here.:nosad

Back