free website stats program New 09 Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 09 Ultra

What should be the first upgrade item for the new ride?

• Engine Stage 1 Kit

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Chrome foot board covers

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the high idle comes into play if u shut off motor & throttle is not at idle, hand off grip.so when u start up engine it starts & idles at last rpm it was run at. this is what dealer may have been talking about..

I must have been the only other one to vote for chrome. I'm not one much for engine mods. I didn't buy a Harley to go fast, but that's just me. To me, if ot's not broke, don't fix it. I've known too mant people that have had too much trouble with their rides once they started messing with them. JMHO

I'll have to take a look at the tire, I know they did the gas tank recall, so I'd assume they would have done the tire if it needed it. Thanks for the heads up! I heard dunlop was dealing the with situation real good, no questions asked.

If you don't already have battery tender, this is money well spent.
batterytender.jpg

Also, here's a link to Harley's customizer, a great place to see what things look like on your bike before you buy them.

Harley-Davidson :: Genuine Motor Accessories Customizer

Ride safe

I must have been the only other one to vote for chrome. I'm not one much for engine mods. I didn't buy a Harley to go fast, but that's just me. To me, if ot's not broke, don't fix it. I've known too mant people that have had too much trouble with their rides once they started messing with them. JMHO

Krazy, I did not buy one to go fast either, but a stage one will make your engine run much cooler. The increased perfromance is a bonus. For me, it is the most important upgrade of all and has nothing to do with increaing speed. As far as messin with mods, A stage one is an air cleaner, better fuel management and free lowing pipes. Not much engine mods here. IMO you will do more damage to your engine if you don't do a stage one. Way too lean from factory. :s

I also voted for the Stage 1. This is mainly because I know that it'll help your engine live longer. It also will add "smiles to the miles" so to speak in a cooler and smoother running bike.

On a side note; if you've been out of riding for some time, I'd recommend taking a MSF riding course as a refresher.
Ride safe.

Be sure it has the recalled front tire relacement done. Should not have the Dunlop 407 on it.

The front tire is not a recall but a service bulletin. I would be interested to hear if it was replaced with a 408 or not based on the reasons for the service bulletin (cupping, noise, etc.). If it's brand new, can you really have a complaint yet?

The dealer I picked the bike up from said that they were replacing all 407's automatically for their customers. I'll check mine when I get home, but they said the Dunlop rep. was taking them back and giving them new tires for free. No install costs to customers at all.

Back