free website stats program Never Trust Anyone! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Never Trust Anyone!

Sounds like a very close call, glad it wasn't worse. Did the person in the cage stop. I think a lot of drivers are totally oblivious to their surroundings..off in a dream world while operating a vehicle capable of killing someone.

Yeah he stopped...but get this. The Bartlesville Police told us this is a gray area, since there was no contact, they didn't cite the driver, yet, even tho he failed to yield and crossed over into oncoming traffic (and caused the accident).
They said they have to do more investigating. There were witnesses who stopped and gave accounts of the accident, so we will see if the cagers insurance pays or not. Gray area??? Sorry I am ranting...I get this way at stupidity.

Yeah he stopped...but get this. The Bartlesville Police told us this is a gray area, since there was no contact, they didn't cite the driver, yet, even tho he failed to yield and crossed over into oncoming traffic (and caused the accident).
They said they have to do more investigating. There were witnesses who stopped and gave accounts of the accident, so we will see if the cagers insurance pays or not. Gray area??? Sorry I am ranting...I get this way at stupidity.

Rant away! I hope your sons' recovery is expedient.

I went through this last year. The police didn't cite the driver but there were witnesses to the accident. The persons insurance company told my company that I was 40% at fault. It went to an insurance arbitraitor and due to the witnesses account I won and was fully reimbursed. I hope your son recovers fully but he will be a little gun shy when he gets back on the bike especially when he comes to intersections. Good luck.

Yeah, like softail said, rant away. What the police are saying is someone has to get hit and probably injured or killed in order for fault to be assigned, what a travesty. The traffic laws do not reflect what we as riders have to do to stay alive. Hope your son heals up quickly!

They say talking or texting while driving has the same affect as driving drunk........well then the penalty should be the same as driving drunk.

speaking of texting, a few of us were standing out in front of another friends house, when lo and behold we see a guy on a MOTORCYCLE, cruising down the street....and TEXTING at the same time!!!! Is it just me, or is this the heigth of stupidity?? Wake up and smell the coffee, people, you're gonna get somebody killed, and it might be YOU!!!

You know the old saying about "one bad apple," right? Well...........

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The good news is my son will be fine, and after a 36' tumble that is amazing. Cager driver was cited for the accident and the bike is down at the local Harley shop getting an estimate. :)

I hope for speedy healing for your son. I dont expect the law to apply adequate penalties anytime soon. It is just as dangerous as drunk driving but doesn't have the imorrality factor it takes to fire up groups like MADD. One solution would be to design them so they will not work if moving more than 5 mph.

Back