free website stats program never sieze on spark plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

never sieze on spark plugs

I for one have never used anti seize on plugs and never have had a problem with removal or installation...

I for one have never used anti seize on plugs and never have had a problem with removal or installation...

The modern day metals have gotten more forgiving, that said old habits are hard to break. Anti sieze is a very good product if used properly and in the right places, not only does it fill in the threads lubricating them for future removal, it also helps to dissipate heat and corrosion:s

And it is easier and quicker to add a wee bit of copper grease on fitting the plug than it is to remove the head drill out the threads tap and fit a thread insert then re assemble
Been there did that but not on my engine
In my younger day i would do work for other people and if i did not have the tools for the job they buy them i keep them as payment for the job so i have a thread insert kit for spark plugs only used twice

Brian

And it is easier and quicker to add a wee bit of copper grease on fitting the plug than it is to remove the head drill out the threads tap and fit a thread insert then re assemble
Been there did that but not on my engine
In my younger day i would do work for other people and if i did not have the tools for the job they buy them i keep them as payment for the job so i have a thread insert kit for spark plugs only used twice

Brian

:D Very sound advice from one who does his own work, been there done that. I too have several Heli Coil kits donated to me for services rendered, thank fully I have not had to use them on my bikes:s

Bill,
HD gives guidance for the use of Anti Seize in the service manual. So I think you should be OK. Here is a direct quote from my 2008 Touring manual...

I have always tended to torque to the low side of the spec. :s

Thanks again Tank!!!! ;-)
Bill

]

If you use it I think you will like it. But since you are a Premuim member you won't see it at the top of the page as a guest or regular member sees it so you will need to bookmark it or put it in your favorites so that you don't need to logout.

Now that's what I needed -- thanks again and thanks for taking the time to respond.

Bill

Bill,

I use the Hard to see above the page """Google""" Custom Search

""Air pressure in tires"" and this is what comes up.....

Link:

Search Result - Harley Davidson Community

Try the "Google Custom Search" not the other search...

Tell me IF this Helps you...

signed....BUBBIE

Why yes it helps - I have never known that feature was even there until now. I even gave it a try and sure enough - it worked!! Fantastic. Man it really doesn't take much to make me happy :D:D:D
Thanks
Bill

Why yes it helps - I have never known that feature was even there until now. I even gave it a try and sure enough - it worked!! Fantastic. Man it really doesn't take much to make me happy :D:D:D
Thanks
Bill

BUBBIE....You da man!:newsmile01:

COMING from YOU BOTH Really Hits My Happy SPOT.......:hii:hii

I think the forum is on the RIGHT Track.....:D

signed....BUBBIE

Bill

I can offer you some help that little are aware of on the forum about a search.

If you are looking for something regarding a TIP in the self help area, go to that section (self help area) and use the search in that section instead of the one at the top of the forum.
It will bring you back results ONLY from that area and not from posts on the forum and likewise if you are looking for info on the forum, then use the one at the top of the forum main page.

This is a public service announcement :60:.....:lolrolling
Very good info, thank you emansihstahw:p

Back